Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#467714 - 07/05/13 06:17 PM Land Title
Jeanette Offline
Can anyone tell me how to go about obtaining a Title of Land Certificate for my 2 lots in Ambergis Caye. I live in California, bought the property from the McDermott's in 1988 and now I am interested in selling them. I am told I need to get a Title of Land Cert. for both. Can anyone direct me to whom I need to "talk" to?
Thank you so much.
I would love to come down there and was hoping to make it but it looks bleak at this point in time.

#467729 - 07/06/13 06:33 AM Re: Land Title [Re: Jeanette]
Inplub Offline
Try Claudio Azueta at Southwind Properties, he is very good, got mine.

Edited by Inplub (07/06/13 06:34 AM)

#467742 - 07/06/13 10:52 AM Re: Land Title [Re: Inplub]
Agavegirl Offline
I second the recommendation for Claudio Azueta. I lost my titles in a move once and used him to get them replaced. It's nice to have someone to go to Belmopan on your behalf who knows the ropes.

#467743 - 07/06/13 10:55 AM Re: Land Title [Re: Jeanette]
Jeanette Offline
Thank you. I will try contacting Claudio. I really appreciate the information. Do you guys live in Ambergis Caye? How do you like it?

#467744 - 07/06/13 11:06 AM Re: Land Title [Re: Jeanette]
Agavegirl Offline
I don't live there, I have two condos on the island that I visit a couple of times a year. I have had them since 2001 and that is
also how long I've known Claudio.

BTW..I love it there!

#467777 - 07/07/13 02:58 PM Re: Land Title [Re: Agavegirl]
Jeanette Offline
I would love to visit Ambergis Caye! In fact, when we bought down there we did plan on going down but have not made it and probably won't.
Have fun! & Thanks

#467813 - 07/08/13 11:05 AM Re: Land Title [Re: Jeanette]
Inplub Offline
We lived there 2003 to 2007, been back loads of time, love the place. May be going back soon.

John and Thipaya

Edited by Inplub (07/08/13 11:06 AM)

#467823 - 07/08/13 03:34 PM Re: Land Title [Re: Jeanette]
IfOnlyICud Offline
I am curious as to how you obtained two pieces of property and you have not ever been? you must visit.

#467852 - 07/08/13 09:33 PM Re: Land Title [Re: Jeanette]
Cooper Offline
The land titles of a few years ago and older are no longer valid. All property owners have to get new titles. You cant sell your property with any titles that are before the purchase date of a year or so ago. Think it cost about $500. We have been waiting now 5 months to get our new title.

#467859 - 07/09/13 05:10 AM Re: Land Title [Re: Jeanette]
TravelinMan1 Offline
Cooper that is not correct. The only reason you would need to re-register your property title is if it is not a Land Certificate title. Most properties on South Ambergris Caye have gone through re-registration more than 10 years ago. Properties directly north of the bridge have also under gone re-registration some time ago. If you have property on the island and the title is in the form of a TCT or a Conveyance it must go through the process prior to be able to transfer/sell.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 106 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,635 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,709 Topics
461,235 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.