Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
spanky Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Is it possible to get there by boat or would it be cheaper to fly? Anyone got a price by boat from belize city?

The water taxi/ferries charge US$12.50 one way. Lots of information on them here and in any guidebook.

--Lan Sluder

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
S
spanky Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Thanks for the information !

Spanky, besides being so much cheaper than flying, going by boat is something everyone should try at least once! I found it to be a nice way to unwind from the long plane trip to BZE. In fact,it relaxed me so much I felt like I was slowed down to "island time" when we arrived in San Pedro.

Peace,
Carla
Let me try this again...I replied and the thread was moved to the top but my message was not there....

Spanky, I definitely recommend traveling by boat from Belize City to San Pedro, at least once! It is so cheap, and it is a great way to unwind from a long plane ride! It is so relaxing to me that I feel I have slowed down to "island time" when we arrive.

Peace,
Carla
M
M
Boat is MUCH cheaper, but if you fly out of the Municipal airport it is $25US per person and the view from the plan is amazing.

Flying from/to International airport in BC is $47US per person.

I
ib Offline
I
I'm also deciding on water-taxi vs. flying to AC...

How long does it take for each? When do they run 'til? Got a web link?

How does one get from the airport to the Water-taxi?

Once I get there how do I get to my hotel -- taxi? Or are most hotels close to either? ( don't know where I'm staying yet )

Thxs in advance!!

//AmbergrisCaye.com/pages/town/quick.html
Scroll down to;
Coming in by Air
Coming in by Sea

I prefer to fly - I can't wait to get there - the 15 minute flight almost seems too long to wait!!
Belize it!

[This message has been edited by margarita (edited 01-15-2002).]

I'm with Margarita on this one. After traveling all day, I don't want to fool around getting to the boat taxi area, wait around with a throng of people and then sit thigh to thigh with them for close to 90 minutes. I want to transfer my luggage to Maya or Tropica, enjoy the view of the reef and the cayes for 15-20 minutes and then head to my hotel where I can unwind from the trip with a beverage of my choice.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

M
M
Another thing to remember about the water taxi is that it isn't a calm swish through the water. These things are going what seems like at least 20 knots, and they slam those wave pretty hard sometimes. Take a pillow for a long trip like Belize City to AC.

And sit in the back if your spine can't take a lot of hard slamming.

Mike

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 345 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.