Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#468087 07/13/13 06:25 AM
G
OP Offline
G
I noticed there is a school for the deaf in the San Ignacio area. I have two pair of hearing aids I would like to donate. Can I just mail them to the school? How do I find the address? Any help would be appreciated.
If there is anyone in the North Dallas, TX area headed that way, I could pass them off to you. It would be nice to know they are being useful to someone.
Any other ideas on how best to donate these? Thanks!

C
C
Well, you noticed the school for the deaf..Great. Do what you are asking others to do for you and contact the school. I could google that, and so can you. Yes the school does exist and could use your donation.

LONELY PLANET SAYS TOURIST LOVE OUR ART. BEST PRICES ON ART.
G
OP Offline
G
Okay, well to be clear, I saw a roadsign in a picture on a blog, so not much to go on there. Thanks. I'll try google.

Originally Posted by Cooper
Well, you noticed the school for the deaf..Great. Do what you are asking others to do for you and contact the school. I could google that, and so can you. Yes the school does exist and could use your donation.

very helpful. eek at least THIS post had no erroneous info in it,so we should be greatful for small things.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
B
B
Cayo Deaf Institute in San Ignacio http://www.cdi-belize.net/

Located in the Baking Pot region, near Cayo, Belize, in Central America, is an unusual ministry dedicated to teaching and training Deaf people. CDI provides a free education to Deaf children from all across Belize. Volunteer and staff teach all levels of classes to Deaf students. Many of the students arrive at CDI with no knowledge of Sign Language. Some are not aware that communication is even possible.

Another option, klcman's answer in post about schools for deaf in Belize.

Stella Maris School and The Belize Academy for the Deaf
Joy Westby (contact person)
Belize City, Belize
[email protected]

Description: Stella Maris is the largest special education center in Belize. It also manages the Belize Academy for the Deaf which is at the same location. There are 5 deaf classrooms for children who range in age from 5 to 17.
//ambergriscaye.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/468219.html#Post468219

A Day at Stella Maris video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5rKqdiYNwU

Like us for discounts and great Belize photographs https://www.facebook.com/BananaBeachResort
G
OP Offline
G
Thanks for the additional information. I did email Joy at Stella Maris. I'd be happy to report back when I am able to work out the logistics of donating hearing aids. We are planning to visit Belize again, so maybe bringing them with me is the best way.

G
OP Offline
G
No response, so I suppose the need is not as great as I anticipated. I'll probably find somewhere to donate here in the states. Thank you for all the help.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.