Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#468634 07/20/13 05:05 AM
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
An armed robbery was reported on the island of Ambergris Caye. On Thursday afternoon, a 13year old student of San Pedro Town along with three of his friends, were in front of Patio's Pier which is located on Beach-front, when they were approached by a Hispanic male person riding a bicycle. The child reported to police that the male person had in his possession a gun and cocked it in front of him while demanding their personal items . The male person then reportedly grabbed a white Apple brand I-phone valued at $1,500.00bcy which was the property of the 13 year old before making good his escape.

PLUSTV

Get guns off the street - this has to be a priority for sure.
Next point - a 13-year old with a $1,500 I-phone? My cynical self says that phone may have been previously stolen and subsequently fenced.
Sounds like double trouble to me - but/and in both cases, busting the fence operations would go along way to stopping theft. if you can't sell the stuff, there is no point in stealing it.
Sorry if my opinion offends by way of stereotype - but the pawn shops and the "I know a guy who ...."-types need to be slammed shut.

RIGHT ON DIANE

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
K
K

Exactly right Diane. Both need to be stopped.
The crime is growing because these thugs know "there's no consequences" If they do get arrested, the courts let them go because the witness's are afraid to testify.

Armed robbery must be stopped.

I am in complete support of the police making efforts to put a stop to loitering and questioning folks that are hanging on the beaches and streets that display no obvious means of employment other than harassing tourists & locals.

But please don't presume a 13 year old child that owns an iphone is in possession of stolen goods.

I know lots of kids that work really hard and earn the money to buy these coveted items, my children included. Many parents buy such items as incentives for their kids to achieve good grades etc etc.

My kids, including my nine year old, work and earn money and have saved their whole lives so that they can buy an ipad, imac or iphone.

Iphones are "valued" at $1500 here but in truth many are phones are cast-offs from the US when folks upgrade their plans.

Amanda,

Apparently 13 year old teenagers are all thieves if they own I-phones.

I am also suspicious of the fact that they were in front of Patio's bar on the beach. They must have been drinking.

Why were their 4 of them, were they getting ready to riot?

Were the kids also wearing shoes? Who did they steal those from?

Diane,
Not one of your more thoughtful posts.

Amanda,
One of your best posts.

P
P
I was born a generation (or two) too early. US$1500 phone for doing well in school? I got my arse kicked if I did badly. Which works better?

Same here Phil, I am 58 and only afford US$150 phone. LOL

i got to go to dairy queen for good grades until i was like 10...then my mom just told me to get good grades so i dont end up a bum later on ....and i got it...my mom would of laughed at me if i asked her for a 1500.00 phone....well then again there wasnt cell phones back then....but a kid with a 1500.00 phone is just crazyyyy

I
I
Originally Posted by Diane Campbell

Next point - a 13-year old with a $1,500 I-phone? My cynical self says that phone may have been previously stolen and subsequently fenced.

Originally Posted by pirate villas
....but a kid with a 1500.00 phone is just crazyyyy

....strange how we always "classify" things into a certain "box" and everything that does not match into this box must be "criminal, weird or crazy".

I still remember when any strangers cut my hair as a young man on the way back from the 1970 Isle-of-Wight-festival and they called me "devil", I still hear people call me "hippie, hobo, lazy, faithless, lawless": and even asked to "hang me on the next tree" - disgusting all this prejudice.

I see whole families now with 3 or 4 kids and each of them an i-pad with numerous games: That must be hell - isn't it? For me it is very much more alarming that our kids are given these toys to have a free caretaker and that our kids grow up with all this violence in TV and in the movies while their parents point onto any material "devils" they spotted out somewhere else and I worry about the missing of love for them (which certainly cannot be replaced by an i-phone!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.