Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#46883 - 01/08/02 05:10 AM Where to stay in Ambergris Caye
mel Offline
Hello. My boyfriend and I are planning to come to AC the last week in Feb. This is our first trip to Belize and was wondering a good mid range place to stay. Would love a place on the beach!! Any suggestions? Also, love to party at night!!

Thanks much!

Mel

#46884 - 01/08/02 05:46 AM Re: Where to stay in Ambergris Caye
rickcheri Offline
For sure you have to stay at the Holiday...
The gang there are wonderful.. the rooms are good, and the beach is at your door step...
Email them at Holiday@btl.net and ask for Kim and she'll help you all the way...
And the Holiday is right in the middle of town, walkin distance to all you disco's needs... Thanks, Rick

#46885 - 01/08/02 06:15 AM Re: Where to stay in Ambergris Caye
Richard Chambers Offline
I think i would choose Coconuts for a few day stay. Richard.... Now that David is gone
, i'm not sure that it will be the best place but it will be close!

#46886 - 01/08/02 06:35 PM Re: Where to stay in Ambergris Caye
Over_40_Pirate Offline
We stayed at the Seven Seas Resort. Reasonably priced, right on the water, AC, kitchen and fridge, plus they have a pool. Sherrie and Carol took wonderful care of us! Check 'em out!

#46887 - 01/08/02 09:13 PM Re: Where to stay in Ambergris Caye
Denny Shane Offline
I agree with Rick on this... check out the Holiday... it's a great place and within walking distance of everything you'll need to make your vacation a trip to remember.

#46888 - 01/10/02 04:11 PM Re: Where to stay in Ambergris Caye
mikeprofit Offline
It really depends on your budget.

We spent a week at Paradise Villas right in the center of town. It was very clean and had a pool (cost about $140US a night).

If we ever went back we would probably go more updscale and stay at Victoria House, towards the south of the island, or stay a few days at Mata Chica, way up north.

#46889 - 01/11/02 02:43 AM Re: Where to stay in Ambergris Caye
rickcheri Offline
Cheri here....agree with Denny Shane and Rick!! Staying at the Holiday, you can start your partying there and walk to ANY of the partying places. If you're hungry "after hours", walk to the vendors down the street. Heck, just start there, take your drink of choice out to the beach and head (or street) either direction and hit them all!!Could one of you possibly do a "coconut shot" at the Holiday in our honor????LOL they would get a kick out of it!!!! C

#46890 - 01/11/02 10:05 PM Re: Where to stay in Ambergris Caye
royals Offline
Mel,

Are you diving or anything? Snorkeling? Interested in Mayan Ruin tours? Where are you coming from?

#46891 - 01/12/02 02:45 AM Re: Where to stay in Ambergris Caye
tker Offline
We spent Christmas week at the Holiday..took Rick and Cheri's advice. Had a great time, the staff was excellent (especially Kris the bartender), we meet great people and the hotel is on the beach right in the middle of town so you can walk to everything. I would highly recommend staying at the Holiday. AND do not miss Jambel's great food!

#46892 - 01/13/02 06:02 PM Re: Where to stay in Ambergris Caye
Maya Island Air Offline
WE HAVE FOUR PRIVATE VILLAS ON THE BEACH FOR 150.00 usd PER NIGHT PLUS 7% ROOM TAX. FOR RESERVATIONS EMAIL amigotravl@btl>net.
WE CAN ARRANGE YOUR AIR TRANSFER FROM BELIZE
CITY TO SAN PEDRO AMBERGRIS ON MAYA ISLAND.

THANK YOU

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
3 registered (reaper, katzgar, Jameela01), 35 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,675 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,058 Topics
462,301 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.