Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#46894 - 01/07/02 11:27 PM Booking airfare on-line
potis Offline
Has anyone ever booked airline tickets through either "flycheapol.com" or "911fly.com"? They have beat all other on-line fares we have found from Oakland, CA to Belize by at least $100 ($550pp, incl. taxes). However, we have no experience with this on-line broker.

I think Priceline.com could still beat these fares, but we don't want to end up losing a day of vacation because we get stuck on a 'redeye' flight.

If anyone has booked or had experience with flycheapol or 911fly, we would appreciate feedback. thanks!

#46895 - 01/08/02 12:19 AM Re: Booking airfare on-line
Richard Chambers Offline
Go with the cheapest, the more you have to spend on the Island , the better!!

#46896 - 01/08/02 12:44 AM Re: Booking airfare on-line
klcman Offline
A red eye into BZE ???? I think not.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman

#46897 - 01/08/02 01:44 AM Re: Booking airfare on-line
LaurieMar Offline
That is a good fare. I go from Sacramento and it costs just a bit more because I didn't want to have to drive to Bay Area to leave. Go for it!

#46898 - 01/08/02 09:25 AM Re: Booking airfare on-line
yat Offline
I have used flycheapol.com twice before for tickets. Once to Belize and once to Cancun. They are called Mars Travel out of Houston. They do have good fares and they are very reputable. Both times the tickets came FedEx within 2 days.

#46899 - 01/08/02 11:05 AM Re: Booking airfare on-line
Air-Hog Offline
So there I am standing in line at the Atlanta airport last Thursday. My flight to DC was already delayed by 6 hours because of snow. The ticket counter person promised us our flight would leave within three hours since the snow had stopped hours earlier. It never did leave that night. Guy in front of me in line (we had been in line for 2 hours already) had booked online, I called my travel agent while in line who got me on the 7am flight out the next morning and she booked a hotel that the airline paid for. I saw that same guy the next day at the airport. Atlanta was sold out of hotels, he slept in the airport and was on the 5pm flight out. My long and drawn out point is, the airline knew the flight wasnt going out but don't tell you that. So if this happens who ya gonna call when the caca hits the fan? IMHO its worth the extra 50 bucks to use a travel agent.

#46900 - 01/08/02 05:53 PM Re: Booking airfare on-line
oldgator Offline
Potis, check out the Air Fare selector on my website at http://oldgatorstravels.com and you get a real live person to talk to if you wish or you can cut right through and order on line. don't know your dates or I could have them check it out for you.
I have used these people many times over the past 10 years and have become good friends.

[This message has been edited by oldgator (edited 01-08-2002).]
The Oldgator's Homepage

#46901 - 01/09/02 10:34 AM Re: Booking airfare on-line
KC Offline
Oh yeah... there's a redeye to get to Belize. I took it last time, and I actually loved it, as it gave me a jump start on my vacation. The redeye was from Portland to Houston. That got me in early enough to Houston to catch the morning flight to Belize. Got in about 11:30 a.m. That was great!. Now continental has screwed with their schedule, and that's no longer an option (for now).

"You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."

#46902 - 01/09/02 11:54 AM Re: Booking airfare on-line
nerdigrrl Offline
Potis, try from SFO instead of OAK. I found $526 for late April from SFO to BZE. Our layover is short and we arrive in BC early enough to take the ferry to AC and toodle around before dinner. Perhaps all the competition btwn carriers (Taca, American, Continental, and UA) keeps the prices lower.

#46903 - 01/09/02 01:32 PM Re: Booking airfare on-line
When did UA start flying to BZ?

Competition? After Septemeber the carriers cut their two a days back to one 5 days a week, and 2 on 2 days. The math is pretty simple as far as the reduction in available seats. Most flights are very full.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (DonnyQ), 52 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,633 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,709 Topics
461,234 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.