We’ve heard of “Snakes on a Plane, but, Snakes In An Office? C’mon! We wouldn’t have believed it if we hadn’t seen it for ourselves – or experienced it for ourselves actually, because we found a nest of snakes led by a very protective momma snake right in our Channel 7 office. It started unfolding yesterday evening when one of the office staff went looking for a mop in a storage area. When she came out, she swore she had seen a snake. We called our neighbor and local snake catcher who came through in a jiffy. He found a very aggressive six foot Boa -

Snake Catching Neighbor
"Well, I took out the box and everything and then it was in a box and I held the neck because it was mad and it can bite and you can never know because it could be a dog bite because the older snakes are not poisonous."

Monica Bodden
"You told us that it was a female"

Snake Catching Neighbor
"You can know it by the tail and the colors. The males are darker."

Monica Bodden
"It looks a little fat - you think it might be pregnant?"

Snake Catching Neighbor
"Well it's not pregnant right now but probably she was but this is a nice size about 6 feet."

Monica Bodden
"And the noise that it's making?"

Snake Catching Neighbor
"Well it could be that it was pregnant when it came in here but this is a female. I am used to catching snake before and people come and hail me on Jane Usher Blvd to help them out."

Monica Bodden
"And people are interested in buying snakes like these?"

Snake Catching Neighbor
"Sometimes people buy it, Chinese people buy the meat - they skin it off and cut off from the side and skin it off."

Monica Bodden
"And for a snake this size how much would this go for?"

Snake Catching Neighbor
"Like $50.00, it depends what people want but this is a lady and this is not the first time I've caught these things."

And this morning we found out why the snake was hissing, snapping and acting so defensively. She was guarding a nest of her newborn snakes. Today quite unexpectedly office staff came upon 26 baby snakes. Judging from their size, they seem to have been in the office for at least a week and no one noticed.

Our snake-catching neighbor is holding on to the snakes for the time being at his house, but is also entertaining bids.

Channel 7