BelizeNews.com BelizeSearch.com BelizePhotographs.com Lodging

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#470390 08/17/13 04:53 AM
C
OP Offline
C
If there are any animal lovers or those interested in animal welfare on Caye Caulker please contact me at [email protected]

I'm looking for people willing to give time and volunteer who are based on the island itself.

P
P
Caye Caylker is a small island and there are already several people/organisations who give time and volunteer: Paws cat sanctuary, CC humane society, Ellen (who takes care of the birds), just to name a few. Why don't you go there?

N
N
Clairfa 1973, there is a dog wash fundraiser this Saturday for noon to 5 to benefit the Caye Caulker Humane Society. You should come volunteer and help out! You're bound to meet lots of the animal lovers there.

C
OP Offline
C
Thanks Peggydoo and Noelle. I'm actually based in the UK and I'm trying to rally troops to help Madi at PAW!

C
C
PAWs is a Shelter for cats, not sure but I think about 60 to 70 cats. It is a closed shelter by that I mean it is not publicly open for villagers to bring sick cats to, or animals for health care. That may be due to the fact that they are full to capacity. On occasion they do bring Vets here and give free services to the community.

LONELY PLANET SAYS TOURIST LOVE OUR ART. BEST PRICES ON ART.
C
OP Offline
C
She tries to get them adopted but they're aren't enough people willing to take them. Just a few weeks ago she worked tirelessly to get a flight attendant to take 3 cats to a shelter in Colorado to find them homes. They will now be adopted.

Here is the video a volunteer made to help her. http://youtu.be/TA8x-zPe-oE

She's cant afford to keep all these cats as "pets" but equally she can't turn any cats away.

I volunteered there in 2011 so have seen it first hand and now work with her to support her marketing for example her Facebook and Twitter and I built her new website. I speak with her weekly so I know her intentions.

Please follow these pages so you can see the work she's doing.

I understand that lots of people including yourself who want to help the animals and do it in different ways. I just wish I could be there on the island to help but I'm in the UK.

C
OP Offline
C

C
OP Offline
C
If anyone living on the island has any time to help at the sanctuary, even a couple of hours a week, please contact me directly.

Kittens were dumped in the yard last month and thankfully they found homes for them in Arizona as Madi has reached her limit and cannot afford to have another kitty financially, emotionally or physically. But she still takes in any that are dumped or abused.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 289 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day