Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#47059 - 01/12/02 06:01 AM Were to stay
Garrett Offline
I am planning my 7 day honeymoon to Belize. I would like to spend four days in AC and the rest in the jungle. This is a suprise for my soon to be wife and want to do it right. I have done the 3rd world budget thing and enjoyed it but this needs to be special. Where should I stay in AC and on the mainland?

#47060 - 01/12/02 06:10 PM Re: Were to stay
bywarren Offline
You have a wide range of places both on the mainland and on AC. Lan Sluder's book is a good source for info. My personal favorites are Banyan Bay on AC and Maruba Resort and Jungle Spa on the mainland.

#47061 - 01/12/02 06:53 PM Re: Were to stay
KC Offline
Click on the "lodging" page on this website for a look at what is available. I can't think of a better place for a honeymoon than AC. Do you want some privacy, or a beachfront hotel in town? If you would like a private villa, e-mail me at kathycarp@attbi.com

Kathy

#47062 - 01/12/02 07:01 PM Re: Were to stay
Lan Sluder/Belize First Offline
Ambergris Caye has more than 60 hotels, and a number of them are really nice, upscale spots. You get can a fair degree of luxury starting at around US$100 a night, and go all the way up to US$1000 or more a night (at Cayo Espanto). Among the ones I think are special, in various ways, are Victoria House, Mata Chica, Villas at Banyan Bay, Banana Beach and Cayo Espanto.

Among the jungle lodges, my favorites include Ek 'Tun (best swimming pool in all of Belize, a natural mineral pool in the jungle), Lodge at Chaa Creek, Lamanai Outpost, Blancaneaux Lodge, Banana Bank, Chan Chich and duPlooy's.

--Lan Sluder

Belize books and publications by Lan Sluder:
Belize First Magazine (http://www.belizefirst.com)
Fodor's Belize & Guatemala Guide
Belize First Guide to Mainland Belize
Adapter Kit: Belize (the first and only comprehensive guide to living, retiring, working and investing in Belize -- a best-seller on Amazon.com)
UpClose Central America
San Pedro Cool (coming soon)

#47063 - 01/12/02 07:04 PM Re: Were to stay
CAPTAIN bigzeke Offline
Blancaneaux Lodge for Jungle....Victoria House for AC. These places sure ain't third world!

#47064 - 01/13/02 09:19 AM Re: Were to stay
seashell Offline
You might want to rethink the Jungle Lodge thing for your honeymoon. I certainly can't speak for all of the lodges, as my only experience is with Banana Bank, but the fact that we had to eat at specific times with all of the people staying at the lodge, and the food wasn't all that, makes me think it's not the best honeymoon option.

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (nina09), 41 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,671 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,015 Topics
462,195 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.