Ambergris Caye Caye Caulker HELP! Visitor Center Businesses
BelizeNews.com BelizeSearch.com BelizePhotographs.com Lodging

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
As far as most major cities go in a country, Belize City moves at pretty slow pace but even that seems like a rushed affair in comparison to the laid back mentality adopted on the island of Caye Caulker, Belize's backpacking island mecca. With no cars and only golf buggies and bikes to get around, it's a relaxing place which holds true to it's mantra of 'Go Slow'. With world class diving, fresh catch of the day for dinner and hammocks to swing in the breeze, it's no wonder most people make a beeline for this place when they first come to Belize.

LOTS of awesome photos, and more reading, HERE

F
F

I live on Hatteras Island in North Carolina in the USA.I run a charterfishing/commercial fishing business there.
I was in CC 4 years ago and I can say that coming from an Island in the USA that it was the very best vaction I have ever had.
Fishing was great..people were great..walked around stumbling drunk for 2 solid weeks day and night...never felt threatened and had a friggin ball.
If we could ever get rid of this douche bag running our Country I might be able to come back sometime.
Keep it cool Marty

Last edited by freeagent; 08/21/13 02:21 PM.
Hatteras Island is not too much different than the islands in Belize except for Hatteras has way more cops and a bit more people but I have loved Hatteras and Belize both for many many years!

mary
F
F
Mary,
You are correct about the cops.....but the National Park Service is the worst.....they have pretty much destroyed having fun on the beachs with stupid closures and restictions...Sad

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 146 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,198
Posts500,015
Members20,458
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day