Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#470851 08/23/13 02:43 PM
I
OP Offline
I
Is it just me or have things on the island basically doubled in the last 5 years? I am so wanting to come back and the more I look for a rental while we are there the more I am realizing just how much the cost of one has gone up? I realize AC's popularity is growing by the day, I just hope for the locals sake that the increase is not spilling over onto their daily expense's. Oh how I miss AC but fear I may not be able to afford you anymore and am doomed to just stalk the message board forever.

IfOnlyICud
P
P
When are you looking, how many people, what sort of accommodation do you want and what did you pay last time. Lets see if we can find something.

T
T
Here is a FB page with some available apartments:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/480260238694200/

I have several apartments on Caye Caulker to rent. Various prices and amenities. Once beachfront available from Sept. 1 for $700 USD/month. Email: [email protected]

I
OP Offline
I
We rented a house on the beach, 4 bedroom 4 bath, beautiful place and great location. I wont talk price because I don't want to offend or appear to be complaining. I realize everyone needs to cover the expense of their vacation rental. I am just surprised to see all the building/changing of the island that popularity tends to bring.

IfOnlyICud
P
P
Doubt you'll offend as you're anonymous and you don't have to name the property in question, just what you paid or are looking to pay for how many nights and what month. Hard to help otherwise - if you want help.

I
OP Offline
I
Honestly it was more of speaking my thoughts out loud and yes a bit of venting. We paid $2500.00 for a week and while that particular home has not quite doubled it has gone up quite a bit but to their defense they have put in a pool. My statement was general as I see so many condo's and homes going up. I am sorry I was not in a position at the time to invest in something on the island and am wining that my time may have past. As for offending I have to say I am a bit hesitant as to how I word things on the board due to watching some ask a very simple question and there are a few that jump out and start a crazy argument or a sharp snap back in response and was trying to avoid starting that. As of right now I am looking at 1st of April 2014 possible end of March but have not finalized my plans due to school sports and needing to work around that schedule that I have yet to receive. Thank you for your response.

IfOnlyICud
P
P
Yeah you'll find that old price hard to beat. I think that's more that the House you found was a really good deal, added facilities and are now at market prices elsewhere.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 306 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.