Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#47106 - 01/14/02 10:28 AM Victoria House, CM, Ramon's?
jenna Offline
My husband and I are planning a trip to AC in early March. Any thoughts on these places to stay? We don't mind having to walk into town, though I hear Victoria House is quite a ways out. We'd like something fairly quiet, like to try many different restaurants, like the idea of "casitas" as opposed to typical hotel set-up. How much of a hassle is it to get a boat-trip into town? Any thoughts appreciated!!!!

#47107 - 01/14/02 05:05 PM Re: Victoria House, CM, Ramon's?
Big Frank Offline
There is no way you will be disappointed in Victoria House. Unless it is too spendy for your tastes. It has everything you could possibly want, including a new pool. For a change of pace, walk south [1 mile] on the beach to happy hour at the Palapa bar at Caribe Island. Also the best Volley ball on the island

#47108 - 01/14/02 09:14 PM Re: Victoria House, CM, Ramon's?
Mike and Daphne Ryan Offline
jenna --

Victoria House is excellent. You will want to vary your eating from their restaurant. There's a good crab and whatnot place just up the road from them. They have golf carts available for residents and we never had a problem getting one.

The Island Ferry stops at their dock. Don't miss taking it to Capricorn for food that would be at the top of your list in any city, large or small.

Don't know how many casita's they have. We stayed the main house in a room with bedroom and sitting room. We felt quite private.

Mike Ryan

#47109 - 01/15/02 12:23 AM Re: Victoria House, CM, Ramon's?
silly Offline
You won't be disappointed in the VH. It is not that far. When we were there they had a shuttle in the evening around 6:30 for those going into town.

#47110 - 01/15/02 06:44 AM Re: Victoria House, CM, Ramon's?
alcmaeon Offline
Hey Jenna

I just wrote a reply to the thread "Ramon's or Carribean Village" with my experience at Ramon's over New Years.

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
2 registered (ragman, samalvey), 43 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,672 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,047 Topics
462,273 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.