Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
After a few years of being closed, the old Belize Legacy Resort was renamed , revamped and re-opened in Dec of 2012 as X'tan Ha (pronounced Ish-Tan Ha) or Mayan for "The Waterfront". And what a waterfront it is. Just over 7 miles north of town, the resort is situated on one of the prettiest stretches of water and reef off Ambergris Caye - a snorkeling and dive spot called "Mexico Rocks". The water is crystal clear and almost unnaturally blue. GORGEOUS.

Click here to read the rest of the article and see more photos on San Pedro Scoop

B
B
I agreed with the Scoop!

Originally Posted by BrusselSprout
I agreed with the Scoop!

Phew......that's a relief!

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
P
P
Originally Posted by BrusselSprout
I agreed with the Scoop!

I see what you did there.

It's nice to have it open again. The resort is close to my place and we've been taking their guest diving and snorkeling.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
B
B
Just curious about the day visiting protocol for resorts like this. Are you generally welcome to hang out poolside and the beach, in between visits to the bar and restaurants?

Also, what are the typical fares for the Coastal Express? I assume they are priced by distance but can't find anything online.

Thanks.

Coastal will cost you 10.usd and Yes they have a great little beach bar and resturant.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
B
B
Good info on Coastal Express, but can you tell me about day visits to resorts? Are most open for tourists to drop in for the day and use the beach and pool in addition to the bar/restaurant?

smile

B
B
Just a beware note about the little beach bar(tender). My lovely wife and I spent 5 hours enjoying the facility but when it came time to catch the water taxi back, the beach bar tried to hit us with a bill that added up to us having 14 beers each He knew we had to hurry to catch the boat, and tried to make a quick tourist grab. Last and only time for us frown

Since lights travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 345 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.