Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#471195 - 08/28/13 10:49 AM FIRE FIGHTING
Diane Campbell Offline
Defending your home and property from fire:

<www.homefirefightingsystems.com>

#471199 - 08/28/13 11:01 AM Re: FIRE FIGHTING [Re: Diane Campbell]
larrypied Offline
I'm sure Ramons wished they had a few of these babies!

#471201 - 08/28/13 11:13 AM Re: FIRE FIGHTING [Re: Diane Campbell]
Diane Campbell Offline
When I read about the problem of water-pressure from hydrants I felt sick ..... these stand-alone systems really work and can use water from sea or pool or cisterns. The only caveat is that they can be a little tricky to prime and you need to be very strong to hold a fire hose with that kind pressure - I've seen them in action and they DO work if you use them as instructed.
(PS - my avatar is a sunset, not a fire)

#471203 - 08/28/13 11:20 AM Re: FIRE FIGHTING [Re: Diane Campbell]
larrypied Offline
You also need to remember the suction of this machine. The inlet needs to float a little above the seabed if you are pumping from the ocean. Otherwise it will suck sand into it and clog the pump. I think I've seen one with a floatation ring for the nozzle inlet the prevents this.

#471223 - 08/28/13 01:42 PM Re: FIRE FIGHTING [Re: Diane Campbell]
Diane Campbell Offline
Resorts with swimming pools are able to use that water source easily without the complications of sea water ...... and it's a source of quite a lot of water, usually in a central area.

#471243 - 08/28/13 03:52 PM Re: FIRE FIGHTING [Re: Diane Campbell]
reaper Offline

For a resort, this is a very good product.
http://www.haleproducts.com/Main/Products,174,174.aspx

#471269 - 08/29/13 01:00 AM Re: FIRE FIGHTING [Re: Diane Campbell]
Welland Offline
Originally Posted By: Diane Campbell
Defending your home and property from fire:

<www.homefirefightingsystems.com>

You are not going to put out much fire with this pump. Better off to buy a 150 gal per min 3" hard suction portable pump with a 1 1/2' hose.

Edited by Welland (08/29/13 02:21 AM)

#471279 - 08/29/13 03:43 AM Re: FIRE FIGHTING [Re: Diane Campbell]
Cooper Offline
OH BOY...lets not let the place dry out before we try to make $$$$

#471282 - 08/29/13 03:58 AM Re: FIRE FIGHTING [Re: Diane Campbell]
reaper Offline
Who's making $$$?
Diane brought up a good product. There are a LOT of fire pumps available out there. I don't think she went into the fire equipment business this morning:)

#471293 - 08/29/13 11:10 AM Re: FIRE FIGHTING [Re: Diane Campbell]
Diane Campbell Offline
Hi Everybody - I am not selling these pumps. Unfortunately I'll bet the company is sold out with just the rural residential customers in California who realize they are under-prepared for a wildfire.
Some years ago I had the sickening experience of seeing a neighbor's house go up in flames. I asked for advice from professional fire-fighters. A senior fire-firghter in the NYFD recommended these products. We have purchased and used them.
My own sense is that none of us is really prepared for a fire. Guaranteed if you don't live in the town core the San Pedro Fire Department will not get to you in time to save your home.
It often takes a tragedy to remind us of what we should be doing all along ...... I guess I could have waited to post the info until later when nobody was concerned, but I choose to do so at a time when people were (hopefully) thinking --- "There but for the luck of the draw, it could have been my home that burned."
The products are not for sale in Belize. We ordered ours and had it shipped in.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (Marty), 41 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,672 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,045 Topics
462,258 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.