Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#471790 09/03/13 07:09 PM
A
OP Offline
A
I am moving here in January from the states and am wondering how long it normally takes to get a work permit, are hospitality jobs easy to find for non locals, etc. I've been doing research but am getting all sorts of conflicting information

G
G
Oh my goodness, not again! There is no conflicting information. No this is not an easy thing to do, and is someone a troll?

They're very easy to get and the hospitality jobs are plentiful and highly paid...

Alexandria, I'm going on the assumption that your request is sincere. GwenA might be a bit straight to the point however, she is correct....The hospitality employment industry is highly protected as it should be. Employment is scarce and local people deserve these coveted jobs as there are very few options. Work permits for people who qualify take a considerable amount of time. Please keep in mind work permits are granted to foreign nationals who do not seek employment from the local community but to enhance and or offer more jobs. You can find much more about this on the Government pages as well as this forum.....Hopefully I have not discouraged you too much....I believe it is important you know what to expect. Good Luck!

My friends call me Judyann

www.blackorchidrestaurant.com
I would say this question has been posed in some form or another at least a 1000 times in past year or so. That said the only thing I could add to Nobody You Know's response is that these highly paid plentiful jobs are also very easy including many days off and include great retirement packages and also have free scuba and fishing as an incentive to move come down. I would do it myself but it's too easy and I prefer challenges.

Go with the advice to do some research on your own...

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 353 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.