Print Thread
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
[Linked Image]

S
S
Serving us???

Well, not on Saturdays, that's for sure. smile

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

A
A
The lines for the Tellers are already horrific. Now one less day, Mondays will be a disaster.

a shame for their local customers...

E
E
Never been a fan of the Belize Bank, but if i had to use it, it was early on a Saturday morning. Not any more it seems, more time wasted in long lines during the week.
Great planning NOT.

most of the banks in my area are closed on Saturday....we get along just fine.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
Agree that the lines are NUTS - so after personally melting down in public a few too many times I got my head around some ways to get business done without the hassle of lines at BB by way of .......

cash machines for withdrawals - several around town in reasonably good locations

deposits at the "quick deposit" (checks only) desk is over by the stairs

online payment of most of my local bills - credit cards, BEL, BTL, Coral Cable.

payroll online as well - submitting lists of payees, one transfer and authorization.

If i have to go through a transaction that requires being in line - I have found that lunch hour tends to have the shortest lines.

If possible - don't go the day before a holiday or the day after one.

Setting up new accounts remains frustrating and time-consuming but I am told it's the way of the world these days.

I do find that online banking with BB can take longer than seems necessary - 2 to 3 days sometimes for a simple account-to-account in the same bank transfer, BUT the good news is that online bill-pay is quick.

Recent service at BBI's local office has been very good.

Anyway - these are some ways to keep life a little simpler in the banking department and I hope these tips prove useful.

S
S
And keep in mind their new slogan "our country your bank"....

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

Editorial: Customer Disservice

In the last month Belize Bank and Scotiabank both announced that they will no longer be open on Saturdays for customer service. Based on my unofficial survey this means that Atlantic Bank is the only bank (out of five on the island) that is open for a half day on Saturdays.

So can someone please tell me when are we working folks supposed to run our errands and take care of our banking? We ALL know how horrendous the lines are at the banks, and often an hour lunch break is not enough time to get there AND wait through the snail-paced line, let alone actually EATING lunch! And forget cashing your paycheck after work, most of the banks close as early as 3PM in the afternoon! Now that Saturday banking is out of the question just exactly when do we take care of our banking?

At least the banks had the decency to publicize the change in their hours by running ads in The San Pedro Sun, unlike others who just inconsiderately surprised their customers like Bowen & Bowen/Crystal Water did several weeks ago. After loading my golf cart up on a Saturday morning for my monthly run to purchase water, beer and soda I met several like-minded folks at a locked warehouse where the poor security guard had the unpleasant task of telling irate customers that the distribution center was no longer open on Saturdays. I don't know what made me madder, the fact that I had single-handedly loaded and bungee-corded several heavy cases of empty bottles and water jugs on to my cart just to take them for a Saturday morning ride or the fact that this business, who EVERYONE on the island from merchants to individuals depend on, thought so little of informing (and serving) their customers. For someone who works full time Monday through Friday, just when are they supposed to stock up on beverages? Especially when arranging for home deliveries means requiring someone to be there during those same businesses hours?

I have to ask�whatever happened to customer service?

Click here to read the rest of the article in the San Pedro Sun

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.