Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 49 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 48 49
Marty #471425 08/30/13 06:21 AM
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

FISHING REPORT

August 18, 2013 - August 24, 2013 Fishing Report

Weather Conditions: The weekend of stormy weather passed and the skies cleared on the 19th. It was flat out beautiful for a few days - sunny skies, an occasional rain shower, and our prevailing wind, E 5- 10. On Friday, the 23rd, a tropical wave came in and the 24th was shut out due to rain and thunderstorms. We are looking at skies clearing late tomorrow, if not sooner.

Air Temperature: Upper 80s, low 90's. Winds: ESE 10 - 25, then it slowed to a nice E 5 - 10 and wrapped up the week with ESE/ S with a tropical wave.

Water Temperature: Temps ranged from 78-82 F

Moonphase: The Full "Blue" Moon was the 20th

WHAT GUESTS WERE CATCHING:

BONEFISH: M.J. landed her first bonefish on fly! John came back and brought his permit buddy, Tom. They chased permit�.and landed bonefish. Remember, bonefish are still very special! Mick, Garth, Jon and Greg all had a ball catching bonefish on fly. Now Mick wants to move here. Rose and Tom, Derek and Julie, Jason and Tristen, Mike and Beverly - all landed bonefish this week. Congratulations! Several of our guests this week experienced fly fishing on the flats for the first time. Very rewarding stuff.

PERMIT: Randy landed his first permit on fly with Captain Cesar - about 15lbs. Felipe landed a 20 lb permit on fly with Captain Luis. Felipe and his guide/buddy/fellow Argentine, Noel, both went out with Captain Cesar and they both landed permit on fly! Tom landed a permit on spin with Captain Jr. So, we had 4 permit landed on fly, one on spin and several shots!

TARPON: Well, Tarpon Tony is here! He and Captain Alex have spent the entire week just "chasing silver." He had several bites, put two in the air - all as Captain Alex answered his jokes. That is how well they know each other. Garth was with Captain Jr. They went out to tarpon fish and needed more bait. Luckily, Captain Gilberto was close by - nice to have your dad in the neighborhood. It was the lucky sardine because first cast out Garth landed a nice tarpon! Greg was also fishing with Captain Jr. this week with live sardines - they hooked four, and landed two. Nice work.

OTHER SPECIES: Several barracuda landed and made into fish fingers for a yummy appetizer! Both on fly and spin, barracuda is very fun sport fish.

FLIES THAT WORKED

FOR BONES - Crazy Charlie, Gotcha, CI Special

FOR PERMIT - Turneffe Crab, Avalon, Big Squimps!

FOR TARPON - Black Death, Chartreuse Toad

Guide of the week: Captain Cesar for four straight days of getting beautiful permit to his boat with a variety of anglers.

This Week's Summary:

It's summertime in the tropics! We had a mix-up of weather and fishing conditions this week. The "highs" and "lows" of fishing is really character building. Sometimes we can be tough on ourselves when we don't execute a "perfect" presentation and miss a fish. And sometimes it all comes together and it takes weeks for "that first permit on fly" smile to weaken. We welcome everyone as "extended family," here at El Pescador. As our brand is fishing - we watch as this "fishing" common denominator brings people of all personalities and ages together. I love listening to all the shared stories and congeniality fishing brings to peoples lives. All the fish are here, but it's the stories that will last forever.

If you have any questions or would like more information, please email us at [email protected]. Happy fishing! L-A

Marty #471683 09/02/13 01:34 PM
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

FISHING REPORT

August 24 - 31st, 2013

Weather Conditions: Cloudy skies with sunny periods at the beginning of the week. Thunderstorms developed later in the week with rain showers most of Wednesday and Thursday. The skies cleared with only occasional rain storms at the end of the week.

Winds: ESE 10 - 15, E, ENE 5 - 10, S, E 5 - 10.

Air Temperature: Upper 80's, low 90's

Water Temperature: 78-82 degrees

Moonphase: Last Quarter on the 24th. New Moon on the 31st.

BONEFISH: Most of the anglers this week were Tarpon crazed, so bonefish were not on the main menu. However, we had beautiful tailing bonefish in front of the lodge all week - classic lee conditions and tailing fish literally 3 feet from the shoreline! These of course are smart fish - they have seen their fare share of flies and tend to be really picky. But these fish provided great target practice as well as watching fish behavior for anglers at the end of the day with the incoming tide. And we tend to think of bonefish eating shrimp and crabs, but you should see these gordo bones devour barracuda carcass! In any case, bones were landed to spice up the anglers day when they had been hunting for tarpon. Captain Kechu said Phil landed a true 5 pounder! John and Cricket had fun targeting bones, Kelly landed his first bonefish on fly, Greg, Scott, Drew and Katie, Mark and Gwen and Mike - all landed bones on fly.

PERMIT: Permit - well, they eluded us this week. We had chasers, (is that a word?) but no takers.

TARPON: Tarpon Fever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Phillip landed a beautiful tarpon on fly with Captain Kechu. This was his first trip here to El Pescador with his father Charles. What a treat, first tarpon on fly. Captain Luis had Drew in tarpon and he landed his first as well. He is here with his new wife Katie - they were engaged on a bonefishing trip, and now honeymooning on a tarpon trip! They are both proficient anglers so I'm hoping Katie lands her tarpon before they leave. Hank landed a huge tarpon - about 90 lbs on spin with Captain Gilberto. Greg landed about a 80 pounder on fly with Captain Sinoe, and his fishing buddy Scott had a 120 lb fish on live bait but lost it right at the boat. They said it was HUGE! All of these fish were landed down by Long Caye. I give you all bonus points, because these anglers got drenched and didn't give up!

OTHER SPECIES: Several barracuda landed and made into fish fingers for a yummy appetizer! Both on fly and spin, barracuda is very fun sport fish. Snappers were also added to the catch - and menu!

FLIES THAT WORKED

FOR TARPON - Black Death, Chartreuse toad

Guide of the week: Captain Sinoe! You bet. He had both his anglers into tarpon. Greg landed one giant tarpon on fly, and his buddy almost landed a super giant tarpon on spin. Way to go.

This Week's Summary:

Island time is here. It's a slower pace in terms of people, but not fish. The fish are here - but they are tough to find in the storm. Anglers were persistent and they were rewarded. Maybe everyone didn't get their prize fish this time, but one thing I know for sure - they are leaving much better anglers. Thanks everyone for a fun week.

If you have any questions or would like more information, please email us at [email protected]. Happy fishing! L-A

Fishing photo of the week:

El Pescador guest Greg and his Tarpon

Marty #472300 09/11/13 08:28 AM
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

FISHING REPORT

August 31st - September 7th, 2013

Weather Conditions: The week opened with cloudy skies and some sunny breaks. Then mid week it got flat out beautiful!

Winds: East 5 - 10, E @ 5 most days, then ENE @ 5 on the 7th.

Moonphase: New moon on the 5th.

BONEFISH: Ray brought his buddies and insisted they all catch bonefish on the fly. No one in the group had ever fly fished before! These guys - fun guys, were out to show their buddy that they could all learn and do! Congratulations to Phil, Jim, Gregg, Matt and Bill. Your casting is amazing and I'm so happy you were all rewarded with Mr. Bonefiish on fly. Drew and Katie caught bonefish on fly. Drew proposed on a previous bonefishing trip to the Bahamas. They were here this week to celebrate their honeymoon tarpon fishing! Bill brought his buddy Kerry - who was also new to the game. Kerry's face lit up when he returned with Captain Vince one afternoon after landing and releasing several bonefish! Mark and Gwen were here from Salt Lake City and they both landed bonefish on fly. Mike was here from the UK to fish for tarpon. He landed bonefish on fly�and then on the last day landed his tarpon.

PERMIT: Dan had one on with Captain Sinoe, but the leader broke! The cuda got the leader prior, and when the permit grabbed the fly, the leader couldn't stand up to that fight. He still has a few more days so I'm hopeful. Billy landed permit on fly with Captain Emir at the beginning of the week as they dodged thunderstorms. Congratulations you two!

TARPON: When Aki and Mak are here, weird things happen. Especially when it comes to tarpon fishing with Captain Cesar! They landed 5. The biggest was 150 lbs on live bait. It was an amazing story. Mak Is 10, and had a huge work out landing this fish. So 4 landed on live bait, and then Aki landed a nice 60 lb fish on fly the last day. I was super excited that Drew landed a tarpon with Captain Tomas - and I need those pictures Drew! Katie is a well accomplished angler as well. It will be yours next time Katie. And Mike landed his tarpon on live bait with Captain Gilberto the last day he fished! Well done everyone. Ray has had a tarpon on fly everyday he has gone out with Captain Kechu. Maybe today he will land one? Bill - you are due.

OTHER SPECIES: Pretty sure we had over 50 barracuda landed this week - on fly and spin. And yes, we had barracuda fingers at the bar! Yum.

FLIES THAT WORKED

Guide of the week: Captain Cesar. 5 tarpon landed with Aki and Mak. But it's the adventure they all create when they leave the dock that makes this combination so incredible. And Cesar's learning all about Aki's quiver of Canon lenses. Nice work.

This Week's Summary:

The first week of September has been stellar. It was wonderful to see Aki, Chris and their absolutely fish crazed son, Mak. These guys have crazy luck. They have talent as well, and they are rewarded every time they fish with Captain Cesar. And thanks Ray for bringing your buddies. I loved that they jumped on board to learn to fly fish and I know they will continue this new fun form. What can we say? The fishing is great and the people are fun. Always a good combination! And, Alejandra Flota turned 10!

Cast to your dreams!

Lori-Ann Murphy [email protected].

El Pescador father and son guests Aki and Mak and their tarpon

Marty #472561 09/15/13 05:17 AM
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

FISHING REPORT

September 7th - September 14th, 2013

Weather Conditions: Mostly cloudy with thunderstorms the beginning of the week as a Tropical Wave dominated the weather. Mid week we had rain and little wind. The end of the week showed signs of the sun!

Winds: East 5 - 10, N 5 - 10, E 5 - 10.

Moonphase: First Quarter on the 12th.

BONEFISH: Jay and his son Taylor landed their first bonefish on fly. It was great to see Taylor's face throughout the week - his smile just kept getting bigger! Gerry and Chris were chasing tarpon most of the time, but they managed to get some fun bonefishing in as well. Extra credit points go out to Chris for landing TWO big bonefish in front of the lodge on fly. Extra credit because these are really smart "lodge" fish. We also found a great fly in Nick's box that I can't wait to try. It's basically a San Juan worm - a stretchy one. Nick says the material comes from this toy and you just peel off the rubber legs, which are very durable. We have a lot of soft mud bottom flats. I don't think we use worm patterns enough, so I'll let you know how it goes. Nick and his new bride, Megan, also landed some nice bonefish on fly. This is their honeymoon. It's was also Lonnie and Carrie's honeymoon. Lonnie landed a great bonefish and a whole lot more! See grand slam notes.

PERMIT: Bryson's dream was to come here and land a tarpon on fly. He went out with Captain Kechu and they stopped at a permit place along the way. They had a few shots, and the fish spooked. Kechu thought it was "over," until he saw Bryson's flyline sailing toward a big tail about 60 feet away. Kechu returns to life, and coaches Bryson through the strips�..fish on and fish landed! Nice work.

TARPON: We had some tough weather this week but the tarpon are in! Nick jumped two and landed one on fly with Captain Cesar, and then another day they went out and jumped a few more. Then Lonnie went out with Captain Cesar and jumped several on live bait and landed two! One fish looks like it was 100 lbs, see photo. And, Bryson got his dream. He went out with Captain Emir on his last day and landed his tarpon on fly. He's a happy camper and most definitely has a tarpon addiction.

Grand Slam: Lonnie landed two tarpon, one permit and several bonefish on live bait! One tarpon was huge! See photos. Congratulations Lonnie. Thank you Captain Cesar!

OTHER SPECIES: Dawnell landed a huge barracuda. Jay landed a cormorant.

FLIES THAT WORKED

FOR TARPON - Black Death, Chartreuse toad, White toads and bait fish patterns.

Guide of the week: Captain Cesar! He put Nick into tarpon on fly and Lonnie into his Grand Slam on bait! Thank you.

This Week's Summary:

Things have slowed down around here at El Pescador. We have had a very busy year, and now it's time to enjoy this beautiful place as we prepare for another busy season soon. It has been rewarding to watch as angling stories are endless each day. And everyone had their dreams met! Nick is a guide in Michigan and came out and landed tarpon on fly and jumped several others. His wife Megan loves to fly fish as well, and was happy with her bonefish on fly. Bryson landed all three, but really he wanted his tarpon on fly, and that's what he got. Lonnie had one day booked with Captain Cesar. It was his only day scheduled, after all, he was here with his new wife Carrie. Lonnie had his dream come true - a grand slam on live bait!

Cast to your dreams!

El Pescador guests Bryson and Lonnie and their tarpon

Marty #473331 09/25/13 05:51 AM
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

FISHING REPORT

September 14th - September 21st, 2013

Weather Conditions: The week began with mostly cloudy conditions and thunderstorms. Wednesday was calm and then Thursday the wind kicked up to blow out the last of the tropical wave.

Winds: WNW 5 - 10 mph. ESE 10 - 25, then it slowed to a nice E 5 - 10 and wrapped up the week with ESE/ S ending the tropical wave.

Moonphase: The Full Moon was on the 19th.

BONEFISH: Rose and Guillermo, Julian and Ingrid and Tricia and Richard all landed bonefish this week. They came in as a group from Houston. On their way here they met Jay - who was also on his way to El Pescador and adopted him! Jay has also landed his first bonefish on fly. It's slow season - so the fish in front of the lodge are safe from anglers, but not Max. Max (our EP dog) points bonefish and loves it when they explode in front of him.

PERMIT: Jay hasn't had a vacation in two years. The last time he was fly fishing was 5 years ago. On his second day out with Captain Alex he landed a permit on fly! They were bonefishing, but the permit ate instead! He knows he is lucky, and that's a good thing. On the 18th we had the biggest tide of the month, 1.5 ft. This, compared to an average .6 ft tide. We had a break in the weather. Captain Emir called and we ran out to check out the situation. We found strong current lines and we could see fish moving. The problem was we didn't have any sun - or it was brief. Then we saw a big wake, I just switched my fly to an Avalon. It was about an 80 ft cast. As I stripped, I felt the grab. For once I had the presence of mind to keep low with the rod, and keep stripping. The next grab was a solid hit. I lifted my 8 wt and proceeded to see the reel empty quickly. Yikes. We ran after it a bit, and then settled down as I collected yards of backing. It was a beautiful permit, about 15 lbs. I jumped in the water to release the fly and the fish. It was Captain Emir's call - he saw the fish before me and guided me right on the money. It was teamwork that paid off. Most of the time we go permit fishing we get our butts kicked. So, it was flat out wonderful to land that beauty. Life is renewed! It's just that simple.

TARPON: Kevin arrived with an arsenal of beautifully tied bunnies and toads from his vice. He also brought some tying material and tied up some beauties while he was here. Kevin and Tomas have had few shots the past few days - the tarpon are sparse with this full moon. He has jumped one, and I'm really hoping he lands one today. Tarpon fishing requires a lot of time hunting fish. You don't hear the reel singing much. He decided to break up the serious quest and landed some bonefish to change the MoJo. I believe this will work. Let's hope so. Jenn and Hackney are here to celebrate their 9th wedding anniversary. They are family to us here at El Pescador. I have lost track of how many times they have been here. I have seen them both grow as anglers, and it is especially wonderful for me as I watched Jenn practice her cast out on the dock. She can throw 80 with the best of them! Hackney jumped 2 tarpon yesterday - they always fish with Captain Cesar. My secret wish is a tarpon for Jenn. She has really worked at her fishing and needs to be rewarded! To be continued�.

OTHER SPECIES: Snook seen not caught. Jacks, barracuda and ladyfish all landed on fly and spin.

FLIES THAT WORKED

Guide of the week: Captain Emir for some awesome guiding with Lori-Ann.

This Week's Summary:

The weather brought in big tides and mixed conditions. It's summertime and our rainy season in the tropics. Things are a bit hotter when the breeze stops. The big full moon was bright as the skies cleared later in the week. Some nights we had mosquitos - some evenings fire flies. Our group was small this week, so we had time to note all the nuances that we believe play a story in fishing conditions. Big tides bring food. Current lines can look like a string of M&M's to permit as all the shrimp and crabs move with the water. Where do the tarpon go? Are they feeding at night and finding a nice sleeping spot in the deep during the day? Our fishing conditions are reflected in so many variables. It's fun to continue to use our power of observation and notice the patterns of Mother Nature. It really is soul food. Thanks everyone for an enjoyable week!

Cast to your dreams!

Marty #473783 10/01/13 11:51 AM
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

FISHING REPORT

September 21st - September 28th, 2013

Weather Conditions: There will be sun from all directions, followed by night with some stars, mostly above us. The following days will be just like that. ... Weather report courtesy Ebbe Weile

Winds: E 5 - 15 mph.

Air Temperature: Upper 80's, low 90's for the High.

Moonphase: Last Quarter Moon on the 26th.

BONEFISH: Dan showed up and landed his first bonefish on fly with Captain Alex. He fly fishes a lot around his Northern California trout streams and was very excited to try the salt. I remember when I was first learning to fish the salt. The guide always said, "You're short." And I argued for years until I realized the big difference between trout fishing and salt is this: When you cast a fly to a trout - it is usually right in front of that fish. When you cast in the salt - you need to allow the fly to sink, or drift down, to where the fish is feeding or swimming. This means you need to "overcast" to allow your fly to be seen. And, they aren't called the "ghost of the flats," for nothing. Training your eyes to follow the fish takes practice and good polarized sunglasses: Brown or green mirror is best. And Hackney really loved his little bonefish�.it sealed the deal on his Slam!

PERMIT: Hackney landed a beautiful permit on fly�.after he landed his tarpon. This permit was part of his Slam! Nice going to Hackney and Captain Emir.

TARPON: It's so wonderful when "it" happens! Kevin fished all week with Captain Tomas. They jumped about 10 in the week, and yes, he landed one! Yeah Kevin. All those beautiful flies you tied paid off. And thank you, I look forward to trying those bunnies this month. It's great to see Josh here fishing with our crazy and wonderful Captain Sinoe. Josh always lands fish with Sinoe. Way to go Josh on a beautiful tarpon landed on one of your flies that I would keep in a jewelry box! And you better get your name on those boxes. Jenn landed her tarpon on fly too! She said all she could yell, "Cesar, Cesar, Cesar�..!!!!!!" I'm thrilled for her. Her casting and patience with her fishing is right on! Then, her husband, Hackney, landed his tarpon with Captain Emir. It was their ninth wedding anniversary, he was a bit under the weather, but he pulled it off! The tarpon started his Slam!

Grand Slam: Hackney with Captain Emir!

OTHER SPECIES: Snook seen not caught. Jacks, barracuda and ladyfish all landed on fly and spin.

FLIES THAT WORKED

FOR TARPON - Black Death Bunnies, Chartreuse toad, Tan Bunnies, White Bunnies.

Guide of the week: It's a tie! Captain Cesar is "family" to Hackney and Jenn - so it was just wonderful that Jenn was able to land her tarpon on fly with Cesar. Cesar was sick one day, so Captain Emir filled in for him. And, that's the day Hackney got his first Slam. "A round for everyone!"

This Week's Summary:

We love it when our friends return. Great to see Jenn and Hackney here celebrating their ninth wedding anniversary! Wonderful to see Josh and his mom Ricky here. Captain Sinoe's whole family showed up to greet them. We welcome back Leo - big changes from 15 years ago, right? And welcome back Wayne - looks like the weather is cooperating for everyone. And while we are on the welcome back home roll�Ed is here as Fishing Director until early November. I'll be around this time, so I'm looking forward to fishing with you while I'm on my break.

L-A [email protected].

Marty #474598 10/10/13 05:05 AM
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

FISHING REPORT

Week of September 29th - October 5th , 2013

Weather Conditions: Beautiful, beautiful, with single day of clouds and showers.

Winds: The winds were light and variable all week with most day between 0-5mph in the morning and 5-10 in the afternoon.

Air Temperature: Upper 80's, low 90's for the High.

Moonphase: The new moon is on October 5th.

BONEFISH: Wayne, Matt, Leo, Brad, Paul, Doc all got bonefish daily. Ashley's first, Mandy's first, Steve's first, Prya's first, Brad's first, Alexa's first, Ken, Lee, Frank�everyone caught bonefish and lots of them! Congratulations to Honeymooners Scott and Corey ( it was Corey's first ever bonefish!)

PERMIT: A big permit week with Paul with Captain Emir landed a big permit, Matt had one on with Capt. Kechu, Will caught 6 permit in one day, his wife Mandy landed 3 that same day with Captain Hilberto!!! Holy permit!! Brad got 7 beautiful permit with Captain Luis on day 1,2 &3,4 and 5 of his trip (not bad for his first saltwater trip!,) Josh going for a grand slam lost a couple of heartbreakers with Capt. Sinoe. Return guest Ken and Captain Emir teamed up for Ken's first permit. Newly married Scott from Cheeky Reels was able to get a permit with Capt. Kechu on his one of fishing during his honeymoon at El Pescador.

TARPON: Will and Drew both got some nice tarpon with Capt. Vince, Josh's 90 pounder was the biggest of the week, Josh got another smaller 25 pounder, It was an all Josh tarpon week with Capt. Cinoeh., Wayne connected wit a 25 pound fish with Capt. Tomas, but didn't land it, same story with Lee and Captain Caesar.

Grand Slam: Close but no cigar this week!

OTHER SPECIES: Jacks, barracuda, snapper and ladyfish all landed on fly and spin.

FLIES THAT WORKED

FOR BONES - Crazy Charlie, Gotcha, CI Special, Foxy gotcha, lead eye gotcha

FOR PERMIT - Turneffe Crab, Avalon, Crazy Charlie tan, Christmas Island special, spawning shrimp, simram

FOR TARPON - Black Death, White Toad. Cockroach, chartreuse bunny

Guide of the week: Capt. Hilberto for a prolific permit day - 9 in only 5 hours! Then they spent the next couple hours on the beach with Hilberto's famous shore lunch!

This Week's Summary:

Permit fishing was off the charts with over 19 fish landed, Josh finished out his stay with that dream 90 pound tarpon� I love to see grown men giggle with excitement!

Ed [email protected].

Marty #475075 10/17/13 05:42 AM
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

FISHING REPORT

Week of Oct 6, 2013 - Oct 12 , 2013

Weather Conditions: The week started with clouds and a few showers with 1 day of pretty steady rain, and ended up with some perfect fishing conditions, of sun and 5-8 mph winds!

Air Temperature: Upper 80's for the high. Winds: Winds were moderate most of the week from almost every direction at some point. Some days started with a northwest wind and it gradually switched to a northeast wind as the day progressed. Most winds were 5-10 mph, perfect for flats fishing.

Moonphase: First Quarter Moon Oct 11th.

BONEFISH: Lee, Frank, Ken, John, Glen, Gerald and Adam had no trouble finding and catching bonefish this week. John, Lisa and Richard all received their bonefish awards thanks to the guiding of Capt. Vince. Mark and Valetta all got bonefish their first day out, Aaron and Gerry no problem, Jenny and future husband Rob also landed bonefish every day they tried. Art and his lovely wife LIssie outlasted everyone on the rainy day of the week, fishing the whole 8 hours with Capt. Raton and racked up many bonefish.

PERMIT: Lee and Captain Cesar combined for a nice permit during his latest stay with us. A grand slam for the week - next time he will do it in one day! Repeat guest Bruce teamed up with Capt. Kechu for the 2 permit of the week and also finished with a junior grand slam with bone fish, permit and tarpon released over several days.

TARPON: A lot of hooking going on late in the week, but not a lot of landing going on! Returning guest Lee was able to land a tarpon with Captain Cesar, retuning angler Jon hooked up with Captain Cesar, Bruce landed a few thanks to the help of Captain Kechu. Capt. Vince worked with our new friend young John for tarpon and although they hooked up, they were not able to land it. Soon to be husband and wife Jenny and Rob both have hooked up with tarpon and as Capt. Emir explained " sometimes they just don't stick!" Mark jumped a couple, Gregg jumped at least one that I know of with Capt. Tomas. Rob landed on on his last day with Capt. Emir and Jon nailed a poon with Capt. Cesar.

Grand Slam: Close, but no cigar this week.

OTHER SPECIES: Jacks, barracuda, snappers, grouper, ladyfish, blue runners and oh so close to a 50 pound cobia for Mr. Bruce!

FLIES THAT WORKED

FOR BONES - Crazy Charlie, Gotcha, C.Is. Special

FOR PERMIT - Turneffe Crab, Avalon

FOR TARPON - Black Death, Chartreuse toad, White toads and bait fish patterns.

Guide of the week: Captain Kechu with his hard work getting Bruce his week long Grand Slam.

This Week's Summary:

Jenny and Rob are getting married here this week but are taking a few days ahead of time to get in some good fishing IN. Lots of tarpon around after a couple days of unsettled weather but tough to hook!

Ed [email protected].

Marty #476047 10/30/13 06:30 AM
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

FISHING REPORT

Week of Oct 20, 2013 - Oct 26, 2013

Weather Conditions: The week started with beautiful, with partly cloudy skies, with an occasional short-lived rainstorm till Thursday where it turned to over cast with rain on Friday and Saturday.

Air Temperature: Mid to upper 80's for the high. Winds: Winds 5-10mph from the northwest early in the week, 10-13 mid to week out of the east, late in the week saw moderate winds with an occasional squall line producing some heavy gusts.

Moonphase: Last Quarter Moon Oct 24th

BONEFISH: Bob and Teresa finished out their trip early in the week with a dozen bonefish in the boat with Capt. Alex. Frank and Paul added some good sized ones to finish out their week as well. Tom and Austin were after permit but managed a few bonefish in between permit shots with Capt., Cesar. The Orvis bonefish Bonanza was on and it included all of our guides and all of the Orvis guests were rewarded with bonefish daily. Congrats to Scott, Steve, Adam, Trey M., Heath, Ivette, David, Tom, Pam, Joe, Shari, Dan S., Keith, Jim, Phil, John, Dan, Ed, Trey C., Peter, Patrick, Heather and Blair! Many were first time bonefishers; some were veterans to EL Pescador and bonefish.

PERMIT: The only effort early in the week ( 2 boats out each day) was father and son team Tom and Austin, they landed a couple last week and finished up their trip on Sunday with another nice permit for Tom, both Tom and Austin gave Captain Cesar stellar reviews. Captain Cesar was back at it later in the week scoring a permit for Canadian Angler Pat.. Little did he know this was a special day!

TARPON: A great effort was for Tom's grand slam attempt but despite shots the tarpon were just 6" behind the fly several times�. Eat it� Eat it� Ugh ( actually my guess is they used a few special words rather than ugh when the fish refused the fly) Tarpon Tom and his wife Pam broke the tarpon ice with 2 to the boat with great thanks to Capt. Kechu. Jeremy of Orvis travel landed an nice 30 pound fish, Pat and Captain Cesar topped their GS day off with the tarpon.

Grand Slam: Pat was the hero of the week with a grand slam to the boat by 11 am! His boat mate Peter managed to get some great pictures. Capt. Cesar was on the push pole for Pat's slam.

OTHER SPECIES: Snapper, Barracuda, and Jacks.

FLIES THAT WORKED

FOR BONES - Christmas Island Special, Crazy Charlie tan, the usual suspects

FOR PERMIT - Peterson Shrimp

FOR TARPON - White Cockroach, Black Death, Chartreuse Bunny.

Guide of the week: Captain Cesar and the Grand Slam for Pat by 11 am! Woohooo!!!

This Week's Summary:

We welcomed the Annual Orvis Bonefish Bonanza with 12 boats going out daily for 3 days. Orvis Travel's Jeremy Kehrein hosted the annual trip with an enthusiastic group of both first time flats anglers to a couple flats veterans and returning guests. People are already booking for next year. Call Jeremy at 800-547-4322!

More honeymooners visited us this week with Caroline and Jacob, and Martha and Justin, both were married on October 19!

If you have any questions or would like more information, please email us at [email protected]. Happy fishing!

Marty #476354 11/03/13 05:31 AM
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

FISHING REPORT

Week of October 27th - November 2nd, 2013

Weather Conditions: The week had a gloomy start� overcast, with heavy squalls a couple times a day, much more rain than normal. Inland Belize was affected by some extreme flooding that has not been seen in decades. We needed more sun! By Wednesday the weather started to break and the sun came out and we were back to normal clear skies to finish the week.

Winds: Winds were usually less than 10 mph unless you were near a squall early in the week with a few 30 mph gusts! Wednesday through Saturday had the perfect 5-10 mph easterly winds.

Air Temperature: Mid 80's, for the High.

Moonphase: The new moon will be on November 3rd.

BONEFISH: Tom, Pam, Jean, Steve, Max, Dick, Rob, Ryan, Bill, Bettye, Steve, Bruce Jason, Ted, Dean, Rod, George, Cliff and Ford all had an easy time fooling bonefish, Bettye landed 20 on her first day of bonefishing ever with Capt. Erlindo, while husband Bill only landed three (on another boat) No marriage counselor was needed as Bill made up for it the next day! More than half of these fine folks caught their very first bonefish ever! Several boats had counts in the teens and twenties, even with sub prime weather. Newlyweds Mark and Janice had a day on the flats with lots of bonefish with Capt. Cinoeh, and then a day on the reef with Jerry.

The list goes on with Darnelle & Jason, Susie & Curt, Tim, Sam, Lew, George, Noble, Bob, Mike, Harvey, Tonya, Chris, Gary, Matt, and Mark all getting into bonefish during the second half of the week.

PERMIT: The first permit of the week was Gary, who landed a permit on his first day on the flats with his guide Cinoeh, on the second day he added 2 more. The third and last day he added another permit!!! This was Gary's first flats trip! (I guess he was not listening at orientation about how hard it is to catch permit!) Mike went out with Capt. Cesar and landed a permit on his second day as well (part of his slam).

TARPON: Jean hooked up and landed a tarpon on his first day out with Capt. Cesar, his boat mate Steve matched him on the second day out. Ryan was fishing with his Dad and Capt. Hilberto and was able to land a good tarpon and jumped a couple more. There were a bunch of hook-ups with Noble (from the Woodlands Orvis store) leading the pack. Mike got a tarpon on their last cast of the day with Capt. Cesar to complete the slam on day 2 of his trip. Day three went well as Mike landed 2 tarpon while his wife Linda cheered him on and took some great photos.

Grand Slam: Mike from Texas teamed up with Captain Cesar for the first grand slam of November. The permit and bonefish were recorded by 8 am and it was looking like a no-go with tarpon. A last minute move proved worthwhile and just as they had decided to call it a day the last cast landed a nice tarpon to complete the slam.

OTHER SPECIES: Jacks, Cudas, snappers, blue runners, ladyfish, lookdown, pompano

FLIES THAT WORKED

FOR BONEFISH - Crazy Charlie in tan, small crabs, Christmas Islands, gotcha,

FOR PERMIT - Christmas Island Special, Petersons Spawning Shrimp

FOR TARPON - White bunny, Black and purple toad, cockroach, and orange cockroach.

Guide of the week: It's a tie! Capt. Erlindo for close to 100 bonefish in his three days with Bettye and Bill and Capt. Cesar for his grand slam with Mike.

This Week's Summary:

Master casting instructor Steve Hollensend brought a group of wonderful guests to visit us, and we thank him for sharing his vast knowledge of fly casting with not only his guests but with me as well! We also welcomed 8 couples and a few single anglers from the Woodlands Texas Orvis Store for 3 days of fishing and fun.

Ed [email protected].

El Pescador guest Mike C and his Grand Slam!

Page 10 of 49 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 48 49

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 291 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.