Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#47291 01/17/02 06:15 PM
C
OP Offline
C
I am going to AC in March for my Honeymoon. Has anyone had any experience with the 3rd floor rooms at the Blue Tang Inn? I was told that they have jaccuzis. Is this true and are the rooms nice? Also, how is the fishing in March? Anything that is a "must do" on the island?

#47292 01/17/02 07:00 PM
S
S
My wife and I stayed in a third floor room at the Blue Tang to celebrate our 5 year anniversary last May and were very pleased. While not luxurious, the room was recently renovated and was very nice with spectacular views. The Blue Tang is also nicely landscaped with a new pool to cool off in. The "jacuzzis" are actually jacuzzi tubs and I must admit are not the best feature of the place- if you are looking to jacuz every day. Now, if you are expecting the Ritz you will be disappointed. However, if you are expecting a nice place on the beach in a magical atmosphere, you will have a great time! We really loved it and are looking forward to returning. Cheers, Shawn

#47293 01/17/02 08:56 PM
Make sure you ask for the 3rd floor front suite on the southside. There's a lot of traffic going by on the north side.

Before the renovation, the rooms had lofted ceilings with little captains windows that were quite attractive. I don't know if the ceilings are still the same since the hurricane.

The rooms are not large but had kingsize beds and a nice seating area with a decent kitchen. The balconey area has a great view.

Last year, when it was still Rock's and pre-hurricane, I had the second floor front on the north side. My balcony was divine but the noise from the people and ocassional vehicles going by in the a.m. disturbed me.

What was previously said about the jacuzzi's is correct. The third floor units had jacuzzi tubs. If they haven't been reinstalled new they are getting a little bit old now but still nicer than the plain showers that were on the second floor.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

#47294 01/18/02 11:30 AM
S
S
The ceilings are still the same, at least they were last May. We didn't have any problems with noise. New thermo-payne windows and AC units were installed and when they are closed- you can't hear anything!

We were in the north side room and loved it- I don't remember having any problems with "traffic."

#47295 01/18/02 01:57 PM
Great location -down the street is Los Cocos a great inexpensive restaurant. Next door is the grocery store too. Hustler dive shop is out front on the beach and BC's beach bar or Fido's is in walking distance. Clean rooms that are more than adequate with full kitchens and AC. No TV's or phones which is a plus. No problem with noise at all due to new insulated windows

The owners are great folks from Minnesota, The Fishers. You also get a free basic continental breakfast. Nice if you are sleeping in and run to the dive boat last minute.

Hustler dive shop has some great deals with the Blue Tang for divers or for some land tours from $450 per person. Check out their page from the goods and services link on this website's main page and look at diving.

Heather at Hustler can hook you up for a good deal.

#47296 01/21/02 08:50 AM
B
B
What all comes in the kitchen at the Blue Tang? Full size fridge? All dishes and eating utensils? Also I heard you could rent a TV/VCR for a small daily fee. Anyone know if this is true? Thanx for the info!

#47297 01/21/02 10:39 AM
S
S
We had the following applicances (all brand name and brand new)in our room: fridge; oven/stove; blender; toaster; coffee maker; and microwave. In addition, the kitchen was loaded with plates, glasses, pans, pots, knives, kitchen utensils, etc. It was very well equipped!

I do not know about the TV/VCR rental.

#47298 01/21/02 10:41 AM
S
S
P.S. That was a full size fridge.

Cheers,

Shawn

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 287 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.