Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
L
OP Offline
L
Have we heard anything this morning from the St. Matthews Office in Flordia or on the island. From phone conversation made to parents yesterday they were suppose to update their site throughout the day yesterday on what their plans are.

K
K
No. We did no hear anything and no updates to their web site since yesterday. We parents/families are waiting to get any news but I don't see any efforts from St Matthews to give parents/families any news.

L
OP Offline
L
The statement from the school said the president of the school in San Pedro had a cell phone that lost its charge. Does the university have generators. If so can they recharge his cell phone. Are or they having contact with him today.

M
M
I feel it is important for St. Matthews to recognize the need parents and families have to know the conditions in SP at all times. We have all spent 3 days worried sick. The least they could have done/do is keep their website updated every few hours. And, the least they could have done for the students was to give them a plan and guidelines for a situation like this.

Here's their morning statement:
We have been in contact this morning with David Chang with the US Consulate Office in Belize. He has been in contact with Steve Shultz, who is on Ambergris Caye and is a ham radio operator with Tropic Air Airlines.

All inhabitants of Ambergris Caye are reported in good condition this morning. We have no reports of injuries. There is plenty of food available.

The Belize International Airport is not open due to water on the runway.
Therefore, no planes can currently fly out and into Ambergris Caye. The Belize Defense Force has been activated to attempt to get planes into Belmopan that could then do a flyover of Ambergris Caye to evaluate the situation from the air.

We will continue to update this site as we get available information.

Phone service into or out of Ambergris Caye is unlikely to be available in the next 24-48 hours.

Please bear with us as we obtain additional information.

(Radio reports that boats with supplies are now leaving for SPO & Cay Ck.- Marty)

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
I did talk to the Administration office in Floriday about 11/4 hours ago. They asked me to wait for 45 mts so they could update their web site. So far nothing. I don't think they care what happens to these students. At last it is our individual efforts.

B
B
You know folks, I think they definitely do care but information is very slow coming at this point. The island is pretty much cut off. We have the assurance from Patty Arceo that everyone is fine. I'm sure St Matthews and everyone else will let us know something ASAP. Keep your chins up [Linked Image]

L
OP Offline
L
I appreciated Marty and all the people sending in information on this website. But I have sat by and listen to phone conversations between parents of student down on San Pedro. They need the school to make official statements on their web page.
This is not Martys job. He has already been over worked.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 299 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.