Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
P
pitt92 Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Hello,
I am thinking of investing in a proerty in Belize. I see the advertisements all over for Santuary Belize. I have contacted them and had long conversations. While everything looks and seems legit I was wondering if anyone out there has had any dealings with these folks? And yes I have been to Belize, but not to the Placencia area. thanks

Last edited by pitt92; 10/11/11 06:19 PM.
T
T
Go with your gut,have you talked with other owners?
It looks to me you already have an impression,we have worked with people that had come from there and had mixed feelings.If you check forums and keep up with your research you will find out if that is an investment,for you.Good luck and don't believe everything you hear,seeing is believing.

P
P
Id also read the Belize Forums. There's nothing wrong with looking and listening to other opinions so long as you make your own mind up. There was one spot on the mainland that had a terrible rap with a similar name and people were jailed - Sanctuary Bay. It could be different and if not it could be resolved but it can't hurt to look at others views and experiences and be informed before you decide.

K
K
I actually bought property here three years ago. This place is NOT a scam. I am in the process of building my house now. This place is awesome, you should go on a tour. The equity in my land has increased by 50%. Any questions please ask.

K
K
Sanctuary Belize is not a scam. I am a property owner and this place is wonderful!!!!

Sanctuary Bay and Sanctuary Belize are the same place, but with different management now (so far as anyone can tell.) I have visited it a few times and most recently took at a fairly lengthy tour with Chris Usher (son of the chairman of the board) about three months ago.

I have to say I was impressed with a good deal of what I saw and heard, though at the end of the day it's in a fairly isolated area and I think even the owners admit it will be many years before there's a real community of people and infrastructure at Sanctuary. You're around 45 minutes from Placencia village or Dangriga town by road. I feel the same way about, say, Orchid Bay in Corozal District, which is close to the same distance from Corozal Town. In both cases part of the road is dirt/gravel.

Neither place would be the place I'd want to live, a long way from medical care and amenities like a choice of restaurants, groceries and entertainment, but it clear that sizeable numbers of people have bought into the dream. In fact, Usher at Sanctuary Belize told me that on their last "tour" group of 40-some prospects who flew in from the U.S. (I assume most were couples, so it was probably 20-some couples), 100% of them agreed to buy a lot. He didn't offer any proof of that, but I have no reason to doubt him.

As to the oft-heard claims made about increases in property values, I think most economists or real estate experts would point to the difficulty in determining what the fair free market price is for lots, even resales, in a fairly remote area of Belize, with the supply and price of lots essentially controlled by the seller and released from a large inventory, and the well-known lack of verifiable real estate market data in Belize such as you have with MLS and other hard data services in places like the U.S.

P
P
Kathy Belize: I actually bought property here three years ago. This place is NOT a scam. I am in the process of building my house now. This place is awesome, you should go on a tour. The equity in my land has increased by 50%. Any questions please ask.

Everyone should Know that Kathy Belize is Kathy Ellis.

She gives a wonderful review of her builder here
http://ebtbelize.com/testimonials.php

There is only one Kathy in all the building permits for this area and it is Kathy Ellis, that's how I know it is her.
http://cbabelize.com/yahoo_site_admin/assets/docs/UPDATE20AUG209-1320PlanLog1.227102833.pdf

She goes from board to board hyping this development.
see example http://internationalliving.com/2012...h-town-thats-easier-than-ever-to-get-to/

What she neglects to tell you is that she was employed by Sanctuary Belize.

Her facebook page
[Linked Image]

There is a lot of funny business at this development -- people going to great lengths to hide who they are.

read http://getoutofdebt.org/52655/sanctuary-belize-andis-pukke-todd-cook-peter-baker

I see a canal or river with mature trees from the banks to the left. From that water source to the water source on the upper right it looks like they bulldozed down every living thing.
That is criminal!!! and ugly!!! and unnecessary!!! and just not nice or smart.

I have to wonder what it looks like now at full moon, with high tide and all this rain.???

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
I
I
Thank you so much for that information. I wasn't interested in this development, but very appreciative in anybody taking the time to make a forum snake be held accountable for their shadiness. Just seeing the clearcut and bulldozed appearance image in your screen shot makes me want to vomit...

W
W
Everyone should also know that you are also a multiple forum "never anything good to say" troll.
Astute choice of screen-name, suits you perfectly.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 133 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,198
Posts500,015
Members20,458
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.