Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#47304 - 01/18/02 12:08 AM No answer.....phone or e'mail...
janicesb Offline
Have tried e'mailing and phoning both the Conch Shell and Lily's for Reservations and no response from either ??? Any ideas would be appreciated !!

#47305 - 01/18/02 10:05 AM Re: No answer.....phone or e'mail...
Jack-A-Roe Offline
I've used an outfit based in Louisiana that has arranged our accommodations the last two years. Booked at Lily's last year and the Mayan Princess this year. Sea & Explore, ask for Sue. They must get a cut from the hotels they book for becuase their rates are the same as listed on any internet sites. 504-366-9985. Tell Sue that Bev and John in Chicago sent you. She's really very nice and seems to be able to contact the hotels pretty quickly.

#47306 - 01/18/02 10:38 AM Re: No answer.....phone or e'mail...
seashell Offline
Jackaroe, may I ask why if you were happy at Lilly's that you switched to the Mayan this year?

The reason I ask, is because I just stayed at the Mayan and was pretty happy but budget wise I'm thinking of Lilly's this time. Any insight for me?

Thanks in advance.
A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

#47307 - 01/18/02 11:04 AM Re: No answer.....phone or e'mail...
Jack-A-Roe Offline
Hi seashell. We did like Lily's and the rates were very good. We had the southern corner room on the second floor and our other porch mates were very cool. Just thought that the Mayan rooms looked larger and the kitchen setup was a definite plus. Lily's does have a nice size fridge in the rooms and was always clean. Sue at Sea & Explore suggested the Mayan if we wanted to pay a little more and have our own balcony. We were set to stay at Lily's again, so I guess I'd say to definitely go for it if you want to save some $$$.

#47308 - 01/18/02 11:09 AM Re: No answer.....phone or e'mail...
Marty Offline
they will answer, email them again and ask if they got your first one...

#47309 - 01/19/02 11:58 AM Re: No answer.....phone or e'mail...
Rhon Offline
I just wanted to say that we are staying at the Mayan again this time in Feb/March and we are paying half of what we paid when we stayed there two years ago.. While searching for hotels a few months ago I found everyone really eager to bargain! The rates on the sites are easily negotiable in most cases I found. Of course we are staying 15 nights so that did help give us some bargaining power. Just wanted to say we loved the Mayan. Great location and nice rooms. Wonderful staff.

#47310 - 01/23/02 11:27 PM Re: No answer.....phone or e'mail...
llp Offline
Lily's office email is only answered from Mon - Fri, so you might try them again during the week for quick responses.

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 72 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,633 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,706 Topics
461,226 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.