Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
I
I
Unfortunately, I agree with being anonymous and not named your real named, but also find the humor in being called out by "witness" and "Kathy Belize" which are both one topic fake posters as well. Maybe I should even try to change mine to my real name. However, in the case I am reading right now on this actual thread....I am glad that a "bitter jackass" exists (as would have it those type of whistle blowers are typically very good people forcing others to be held accountable and in essence watching karma slap you in the head) that is very obviously bitter against people deceiving others for their own personal monetary advancement as well as the complete disaster on the Belize environment with a clear cut like shown in that pic. How do you even get a permit for something like this in today's day and age? frown

A
A
I am not anonymous, or take a side either way in the development of SB.
You and Jackass are both from the US.
What could you possibly know about the logistics of building a livable habitat in a swamp?
Jack.
Jackass is a negative troll, this much I do agree with.
You think things like this and worse never happen right in the US?
BTW, SB is not on an island, good luck to both of you with the bash-everything campaign.

I
I
Artisan, I'm assuming you are saying the above to me bc I am the one who called it an Island. What information I could get to work from their site advertises it as a private island retreat so that is where I got that. Yes, I am from the US, born and raised on the Mississippi River and plenty of crop, flood, and swamp land and the joy of that in a situation like what SB appears is that if they cut the trees, they eliminate their erosion from the River. They lose their land after a few years bc the River moves boundaries anyway, but does a whole lot quicker if it has nothing holding its ground in place. Even if they work the system around and get to build then they wins up sued by the suckers they sell to when their homes start having structure problems. Lawyers run very thing in the US some good some very very bad. Yes, many people have been dumb enough to develop swamp and flood land all around here over the years. They won't be building homes or selling lots for homes bc if something is in a flood zone then the permits will not be issued and the ground would never pass its perk tests. Also, in the US you can't build on "fill dirt or sand" anyway. Building codes don't even come close to each other in US and Belize and you should know that. I have no desire to even visit or purchase anything in SB and only said anything on the matter bc I don't like others trying to deceive others into believing they are a property owner, when they are apparently actually the struggling developer instead. I don't care if the whistle blower is a bitter or always happy person...just that the truth is given.

Artisan, do you know what jackass bitters is?

Bitter Jackass is just a play on those words. He's neither bitter nor a jackass. But he does convey a cautionary word about the Sanctuary Belize development. Anyone considering buying there should really do a thorough research job as a lot of what they portray as actual is misrepresentation.

BTW jackass bitters is a Belizean-named plant often used in the concoction known as bitters, drunk by Belizeans when it is steeped in Everclear.

A
A
This very same thread was just closed down on the BZ forum because of all the trolls.
If you had read it, you would know that many people were sick and tired of the same old boring neigh-sayers.
Post your discontent if you must, ONE time will do, no need to make a career out of it.
CK, do you think that obscure piece of local folkflore is why BJ really chose his screen-name?
I fully expect more of the usual negativity now, maybe you guys can get another thread closed down.
See Yah.

I
I
I have nothing to do with any of that. Didn't have a clue that there were other forums in Belize.

That's fine. There has been plenty done if anyone needs any more info.

I
I
http://www.expat-blog.com/forum/viewforum.php?id=226
Found this by a Google of Sanctuary Belize. Just read most all of it. I don't agree with developers posing as anonymous people claiming to be land owners, BUT...unless you actually have LOST money or have property there and have been screwed around by the developers, or have an actual home there now...I don't really see how you can know for certain what is going on there. It feels like a mini America to me and that's not my idea of the purpose of moving to Belize. However, it may be the desire of others. Placencia looks like a great place to visit, but also seems to be very Americanized development. Some desire to move to Belize to live in paradise with all the comforts in the States BUT...many many others had rather move to Belize for a more simplistic Belizean life style. It's what floats your boat.

W
W
Get a grip will you, this is not Palm Beach, there are pretty much no amenities there yet, you still have to drive miles for anything you want.
You can "know for certain" what is going on if you drag your butt there, look around, ask some buyers, pretty much the only way.
Placencia looks like a nice place to visit?
What are you a Google earth virtual traveler looking at other people's snapshots?
"Float your boat" down there, and THEN give us a VALID opinion.

I
I
Originally Posted by witness
Get a grip will you, this is not Palm Beach, there are pretty much no amenities there yet, you still have to drive miles for anything you want.
You can "know for certain" what is going on if you drag your butt there, look around, ask some buyers, pretty much the only way.
Placencia looks like a nice place to visit?
What are you a Google earth virtual traveler looking at other people's snapshots?
"Float your boat" down there, and THEN give us a VALID opinion.

I have a very good grip and don't care for your post at all Forum troll "Witness". My opinion is valid to myself and your opinion doesn't matter to me at all. Initial gut instincts are usually more accurate than trusting anything said anony on a forum. I first just heard of SB when "Kathy" who is now quickly trying to disassociate from SB on her Facebook since being called out by the Bitter Jack A. (Unfortunately that info came up in a simple Google too. I usually have a very good sense of initially evaluating things as easily sometimes as a "Google" are enough to bring more negative up than anybody would want to know and still have find enough positive to follow through and check my instincts. Google is actually one of the most powerful and easiest ways to fact check many many things. I've googled while in Mexico, Belize, Costa Rica, Canada, Alaska, and I could go on and on!!! I would "Google" you but a pile of crap just comes up a pile of crap. Go join other forums as a "witness" just to respond to SB posts. I care nothing of this place just from seeing the other things and troll following defenders like you that have joined just to stir up discussion. If you have no face or name then you are not valid to me period. After reading much more, your and others efforts to "stir" up things bring more negative feel to SB than anything. Who would want to purposely move to such a place and risk having to live near that alone? Check all the drama at the border! I'm done responding to a proven idiot in my opinion. What positive I tried to find and even consider for my visit the end Of this month to make a purchase before the end of the year wouldn't be considered an option now after reading your opinion. It's obvious that you have other motives like the rest with SB posting everywhere trying to throw smoke over any negative. Maybe it' will just sink back into the swamp and take everybody in the world like you with it. Funny and ironically, this forum usually comes up at the TOP of Google results. Which I would now thank Lan Sluder for posting and bringing this whole topic back up so that new people to this forum could smell a rat in SB too. I shall run. Far away. btw, when "real" people with names message and email you off thread it is enough for me to know that a rat is a rat and nothing more....even if you change its name, put a dress on it or try to pass it off as a beautifully dressed or deliciously prepared gibnut.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 124 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,198
Posts500,015
Members20,458
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.