We rented a house for a week stay. We were excited about the 2 bedroom 2 bath house 2500 sq. ft. with private dock only a $5 cab ride from town. Well, it did nto turn out to be this at all. It was 2- one bedroom units. One downstairs (about 500 sq. ft.) and 1 bedroom with living room upstairs. To get from one unit to the other, you had to walk outside, around the house and up the stairs. The house was billed as having no bugs - that might be true if there were screens on the windows and doors!! I received my most severe bites in the hour I was at this house!!!! This house is odd (to say the least). If you sit at the breskfast bar, you stare into the bedroom. a bit odd!!! The dock was not private - there were always people from other houses on it. The mangroves out front of the house were full of old bottles and trash. The cab ride was $15 (american) from town certainly not as represented!!! There were bicycles to rent but the road was so full of pot holes that were ponds after the rain it ould have been un- navigateable. We left the house and rented something else. It was not at all what was represented in the description and depicted in the pictures that staying at Casita Bela Vida would have ruined our vacation. We respectfully asked the owner for SOME of our money back he said he would work something out - yeah, right!! Nothing!!! The owner thinks that his place is the best and is so jaded that he doesn't see the problems!!! What if a family with kids rented the house - put the little ones in the room downstairs and if they need anything just go outside, climb the stairs and go into the other "house" to see mom and dad - NOT!!!!! What a messed up set up!!!!! If we spent a day or two in the house, I might see not getting any money back on the house but to spend an hour there and get NOTHING back is greedy!!! This is not in the spirit of Caye Caulker that enchanted us with Belize!! This is American greed!!! I guess we have to settle for the old adage -"Reep what you sow' , "What goes around, comes around". Stay away from Casita Bela Vida!!! It's not worth it!!!! And God Bless You, Mr. Packer!! (you need it)
Joan Schmidt