Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#47429 01/19/02 06:46 PM
D
OP Offline
D
We are looking for an upscale all-inclusive resort. Are there any available in this area? If there are no all-inclusive, which would you consider to be the most comfortable?

#47430 01/19/02 07:19 PM
Ambergris Caye really does not have any true all-inclusives, where everything is included, rooms, food, booze, tips, equipment, transfers, etc., in one price.

And a good thing, too, in my opinion. Ambergris Caye thankfully is not Jamaica or Playa del Carmen.

A few places, including Cayo Espanto, Captain Morgan's and Journey's End, do offer packages which include most everything, though not absolutely everything.

Elsewhere in Belize, a few jungle lodges including Chan Chich and Chaa Creek, offer semi-all-inclusive packages. But Mopan River Resort in Benque and the new Kanantik near Hopkins (US$300 a day per person) are the only true all-inclusives.

--Lan Sluder

Belize books and publications by Lan Sluder:
Belize First Magazine http://www.belizefirst.com/
Fodor's Belize and Guatemala Guide
Belize First Guide to Mainland Belize
Adapter Kit: Belize
Fodor's UpClose Central America
Belize Book of Lists 2000
San Pedro Cool (coming soon)

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
#47431 01/20/02 06:55 PM
On thinking about it further, I guess Journey's End, which has what they call an all-inclusive package which includes beer and local drinks, and Cayo Espanto, which includes most everything except diving and similar activities, could be considered true all-inclusives.

--Lan Sluder

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
#47432 01/21/02 02:04 AM
Say Lan, I sent an email to you at BelizeFirst and haven't heard back. Did you not receive it?

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

#47433 01/21/02 02:15 PM
A/C has such a variety of everything that I think it would be a mistake to consider an all-inclusive package. However, if you have two weeks you might want to add a side trip. I've done this and it worked very well.
Blackbird Caye at Turneffe atoll offers a 4/3-combination island and jungle package. You can do island or jungle first. The island offers scuba, snorkel and deep-sea fishing. One of the guests caught a 5' Wahoo and it more than feed the entire guest the next night. Yummy.
I was concerned about the Guatemala border before I actually got up there. The Royal Mayan Resort is actually on top of a hill over looking Benque. I know that Lan has said the rooms are small - but so what? They were clean, comfortable, cable TV, large bathroom, door to the outside, fine dining, and your choice of a lot of different tours.
I did the island, the jungle then a week in San Pedro.
PERFECT BALANCES! Have fun.
Harriette

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 289 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.