Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#47461 - 01/22/02 12:45 AM Help in finding accommodation?
canadiangirls Offline
We are two students coming to San Pedro to teach for three weeks at the end of Feb. We are looking for somewhere to stay that isn't too expensive. All we are finding so far are luxury hotels but we really just need something simple. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Vicki

#47462 - 01/22/02 01:35 AM Re: Help in finding accommodation?
Lan Sluder/Belize First Offline
Marty, who runs this site, has hotels listed by price range -- you might check that.

Among the budget hotels on the island are:

Ruby's
Martha's
Sanpedrano
Hideaway

There also are some hotels just above the budget range such as Lily's, Conch Shell and the like.

--Lan Sluder

#47463 - 01/22/02 01:46 AM Re: Help in finding accommodation?
rickcheri Offline
Go for the Hideaway.. You all will love it, email us and we'll give you their addy.. Thanks, Rick

Rickcheri@hotmail.com

#47464 - 01/22/02 05:25 AM Re: Help in finding accommodation?
seashell Offline
rickncheri, why do you ask for people to email you for the Hideaway addy? It is easy to get by going to the top of the message board page and clicking on Lodgings and then scrolling down to the picture link. If that is too hard then the addy is hideaway@btl.net.

#47465 - 01/22/02 02:35 PM Re: Help in finding accommodation?
Bad Dog Offline
Hi ya Seashell,

Doug and I are still laughing about the time we spent together on the ferry!! "So which one of you is Bad Dog?" My guesthouse thread was pulled so I will never be able to read your post. Is this just a "fair weather" message board?

#47466 - 01/22/02 03:48 PM Re: Help in finding accommodation?
KBG Offline
Canadian Girls,
Check out the Spin Drift Hotel, rite in the heart of things and on the beach, a little Mexican style 3 story with tile courtyard. Prices are very good and rooms are clean can be had with or without a/c. They are on the Ambergis board, just click on the photo for details. As Lan's has said they are not the prettiest thing outside but are inexpensive and have good location and clean. Check them out. Go to Belize soon and enjoy before the tourist arrive.
KBG

#47467 - 01/22/02 04:44 PM Re: Help in finding accommodation?
Chloe Offline
Spin Drift Hotel is nice, we checked it out, and the restaurant there is the greatest Caliente's, best soups. Say Hi to our waiter Ernesto. Also Pier Lounge and Chicken Drop is on site. Western Union out front incase you run out of money.

#47468 - 01/22/02 07:01 PM Re: Help in finding accommodation?
seashell Offline
Hey Bad Dog!! That was a great afternoon!!I've been going to email you and now I have another reason . . . to find out just what it was you said and how you said it. :^)

I didn't see your post before it was pulled so I didn't have a response for you too miss. Marty was all over that one I guess.

Yeah, sometimes this is just a feel good board and apparently not appreciated when you tell the truth about the exceedingly poor state of a property.

#47469 - 01/22/02 07:10 PM Re: Help in finding accommodation?
canadiangirls Offline
Thanks for all your help. We are talking to hideaway and I'll check into spin drift. The thing is that we were hoping not to be such tourists while we are there, since we're not going to have a vacation. Also since we're going to be in San Pedro for three weeks, we need somewhere where we can cook etc. since we cannot afford to eat out all the time. We were hoping to rent or sublet an apartment or something like that. Any ideas?

Thanks again.

Vicki

#47470 - 01/23/02 05:34 AM Re: Help in finding accommodation?
Over_40_Pirate Offline
I'm not sure about apts....but you might check out Seven Seas...they are pretty reasonable and include kitchens.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 22 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,675 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,058 Topics
462,302 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.