Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
B_b_f_b Offline OP
OP Offline
Well this was my second trip to AC but this time I brought someone special. It was not like my last trip in a lot of respects but it was better for me in many ways. There is no better joy than to see happiness and delight in the person's face you care about. My boyfriend had never been out of the country and he didn't know what to expect but he loved AC right off just like I did. We stayed at Banana Beach and he loved it just as much as I did when I first came. I actually spent a little more time in the room this time (wink, wink).

We started our vacation off right by taking a long walk down the beach and then through town and up to Sweet Basil. Things were still the same. Serene and sweet. After giving him a tour of the town we called it an early evening preparing for our next day's adventure. The next day we took the golf cart up near Palapa and hung there for a while. I was a bit surprised to see KC was not running the place anymore, but it was still a nice place to hang and have a couple of beers. After a long day of doing a lot of exploring and driving around in the golfcart we headed home to prepare for a night with the Skinny man. I actually saw my boyfriend dance and the sweetest part was when he asked me to slow dance. I could have cried (HE IS NOT AN EASY PERSON TO GET OUT ON THE DANCE FLOOR).

The next day we did Laminai with Daniel from Tanisha and it was just as great as before. Man this guy knows his stuff. My boyfriend and Daniel bonded and I was able to zone out. I caught a little bug when I was there and I was worried I wouldn't be able to do the whole day trip, but my boyfriend and even Daniel were very understanding. This is a trip not to be missed. We actually saw and heard awesome howler monkeys.

Next day we did the tour with Alfons and he loved that too. Geeze, either I'm getting smaller or the sharks are getting BIGGER!!!!!!

Last day we met up with a wonderful couple from the Board, Ruth and Norman, and we enjoyed a nice breakfast and a farewell toast to the trip.

This trip was very special and I hope to come back one day and maybe celebrate some type of anniversary. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

P.S. Some you all have been around the message board for a while, you know that there was a special dog that I had a hankering for in AC. I searched and searched and did not see him there this time. This was sad for me but I'm hoping he is in a better place.

P.S.S. Some of my favorite restaurants were: Victoria House, George's Country Kitchen, Sweet Basil (of course) and the food that was served during our day trip to Laminai with Daniel.

P.S.S. Sorry this is so long. Banana Beach staff was wonderful and I still love the people of Belize.

awesome Becky, sounds like you had a wonderful time. sure sounds great to me!

My boyfriend and I are flying down from Chicago the first week of May and staying at Banana Beach. Like your boyfriend, he's never been out of the country or on a real vacation, for that matter. Thank you, Becky--and everyone else--for your suggestions and feedback on everything. I've been keeping an eye on this board since December and will continue to do so until May 4. You guys are awesome...I Can't wait!!!!!

B_b_f_b Offline OP
OP Offline
Hey Sammie, have a great trip. You will have a blast. Also, make sure you go with Daniel and Alfons on the particular trips. These guys really know their stuff. Take care. Becky.

Becky Bound, I am so sorry you did not find your special dog. I was afraid of that, since my granddaughter talked to and took pictures of all the dogs in San Pedro, and we could not find your special friend.

Dare To Deviate
B_b_f_b Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks Chloe, my boyfriend and I found so many strays that were the just the sweetest when we were there. We are hoping one day to adopt a dog from San Pedro.

Becky Bound,
Read your post. Sorry to hear you couldn't find kilimanjaro. When I went last June he was hanging out at Mango's. I knew him the minute I saw him. That's been a while, I know, but keep your chin up. He may very well have been keeping some other nice lady company.....
Debbie

Ya know Becky, I read a post a few weeks ago abouut a dog with a "not to be told" rumor name. I know it was a "north resort" where there were a few dogs hanging... maybe... geeze... Avalon? It was very North!
I don't have much time to play here tonight but I'll sure try to pull it up in the near future!
Ya just have to adopt that dang dog Becky!!!
Soooo glad ya had another great time on the AC you BRAT! Soooo June, Oct, or next March, look good to hook up again? Anyone else?
Love to ya Becky.
Sincerely,
H
P.S. Did ya get hitched? smile

B
B
Becky: We're animal lovers and going to AC on 4/14 for 10 days. Would be proud and privileged to keep an eye out for K-dog for you and give him a treat or two and take pictures of him if you would like. Just give us a description and we'll do it.

M
M
Becky bound for ---

What a great report! I love these after the fact stories. We won't have time for the mainland this time, but maybe in a couple of years.

I'm glad to hear there's dancin' on the island. We haven't done much of the night scene there before. Where did you get to do this?

Mike Ryan

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 285 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.