Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#476932 11/08/13 05:26 PM
D
OP Offline
D
Anyone rode up there last few days? Especially the big sweeping open land turn before X Tan Ha? Usually the worst spot for me.

Is it at least below shin high?

DC

North of Mata Chica it's hard to distinguish the lagoon from the road. It's not just recent rains it's high tides and time of the year. We need to remember the promises the mayor makes and not let him get away with taking credit for fixing the road North when in reality he has done nothing.
'Potatoes' is a word used by locals as an insulting remark it's supposed to infer 'no meat' just potatoes.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
I was told the Mayor was inspecting the road in the Tres Cocos area yesterday. I know, I know, that is really NOT north. LOL

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
If it helps at all guys.....We have some of the same issues South. Many parts of the road where the tide is high are not passable ...... Some is tide some is rain....But it's still a great deal of water.......

AND NOW: Forgive the shameless plug...... We have Fresh Hot Beef Chili with Cheddar cheese, white Onions and Fries......A little comfort food to get through the day......

My friends call me Judyann

www.blackorchidrestaurant.com
I was recently in Placencia as you know it's a long skinny peninsula similar to Ambergris Caye.

The paved road from end to end was spectacular, pothole less and landscaped like an expensive hotel. I ask the cab driver how they rated such a fine road and we, the cash cow of Belize, didn't. He said ,'The Ministers House is at the end of this road".
What we need is a Minister living at Rocky Point.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
I2nd that motion.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
S
S
Maybe one of the Ministers can work with Lands and sign over someone else property up North to themselves and then build???

S
S
Careful! It might be your property....

D
OP Offline
D
Sorry..I didn't mean to start a debate. Just a heads up since I have not rode my bike north of Mata Grande in a few months.

Didn't mean to start a fight..just needed the 411

DC

411 = muddy road, often puddles (lakes) 4" or more deep.
Stay on the beach with your bicycle. It's lovely.
A crew organized/supervised by Janice Feldman and paid for with donations of residents and non-resident lot-owners , has cleaned the non-occupied beach in all of Mata Grande and then some. They removed the big logs/sticks & all the plastic (SIXTY 55-gallon bags full of plastic)...... looks like it should and is a nice place to cycle. Thanks to Janice, donors and workers for making a significant and positive difference!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 293 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.