Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
svt_fox Offline OP
OP Offline
S
I know what some of you are thinking, there is not many large commercial photo studios here! I realize this but I explain below

My responsibilities in Los Angeles owning and operating a boutique photo studio are quite similar to managing / operating a high end boutique condo or villa.

Keeping the facilities clean even for a white glove are 1st and foremost.

Managing the booking calendar in order for every arrival and departure to be as smooth as possible.

keeping the bookwork real time and keeping the cash flowing,

Paying monthly bills and payroll and all other overhead

going the extra mile to make the client feel welcome, so they will spread the word and come back for years to come.

I have 6 years experience in Los Angeles's commercial photo industry. Dealing with high budget productions, the pickiest artists and producers was challenging in combination with owning and managing a physical 3500 square foot studio. I did everything from watering the grass to managing a cleaning crew and accountant.

I would like an entry level position at a boutique-ish hotel.

Send me a private message and I can forward you a resume

Last edited by svt_fox; 11/10/13 09:21 AM.
svt - great credentials - BUT - do you have a Belize work permit?

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
S
svt_fox Offline OP
OP Offline
S
no But I am researching all of the legal paper work I need to live and work in Belize legally

A
A
You will probably find it easier to start your own boutique-ish hotel than trying to find a way to work in Belize. I am not saying it is impossible but Belize as most other Countries in the world other than the one you have been living in make it real hard for you to come here and generate an income that someone from here can earn. Also careful what you ask for. You might be quite shocked at what a "entry level" wage would be. Much lower than you can possibly imagine. Take care and good luck.

I
I
http://www.belizeworkpermit.com/workpermit.html is some help, but you never said what citizenship you were.

However, It is my understanding that if you do not own your own business in Belize, you must at least live there for a year and establish Permanent Residency in order to apply for a work permit.

B
B
Originally Posted by IslandLife4Me
http://www.belizeworkpermit.com/workpermit.html is some help, but you never said what citizenship you were.

However, It is my understanding that if you do not own your own business in Belize, you must at least live there for a year and establish Permanent Residency in order to apply for a work permit.

Actually, if you own your own business and are so registered, you can apply for a "Business Owner" work permit that is good for one year. It is a bit pricey but makes you legal. Not sure how all of this has been impacted with all of the current issues at the Immigration Dept.

S
S
That site is for people who want to pay someone a stupid amount of money to put in their application for them ($800US! WTF!). Do it yourself you'll get to learn all about the words humility and frustration but you'll be a better person for it.

Ok, wait. I thought you had to have a work permit if you are not a permanent resident. Once you are a permanent resident you do not need a work permit. Is that wrong?

Words have power. Speak it into existence.
YES - that is wrong.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
B
B
Originally Posted by ScubaLdy
YES - that is wrong.

Why is that wrong? What have they changed and when?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 141 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,028
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.