Historian Reveals Belizean Territorial History Secrets in his New Treasure Book

Guatemalan president photograph 2013vlcsnap-2013-11-13-19h24m48s38Belize and Guatemala did not quite make it past the first hurdle to going to the International Court of Justice to resolve the territorial dispute – a referendum scheduled in October.  But that does not mean there is an end to the debate. Historian and former area representative Frederick Hunter is promoting a concise response to Guatemala’s unfounded claim in the form of a limited-release book. He tells us more.

Mr. Fred Hunter- Writer on Belizean History

“This book is the answer to the Guatemalan white book produced in 1938.   Certainly, Guatemalan claims, which is full vlcsnap-2013-11-21-14h51m10s40vlcsnap-2013-11-21-14h20m38s166of omissions, contradictions and errors.   That book is now in American encyclopedias, stating Guatemala’s claim.   This book answers it and rebuts it.   It proves Belize’s title by occupation and it proves the occupation of two settlements: The Puritan colony in the Cockscomb coast (1631-1641) the Wyler Warrex Providence Company.   In the Settlement, Peter Wallace and his 80 buccaneers who came in 1640, where he was given out at Tortugas three times as Buccaneers headquarters.

According to Mr. Hunter he wants his five years’ work to become an invaluable resource in schools.

vlcsnap-2013-11-21-14h24m43s79Author Fred Hunter:  “3,000 copies of these books; I want it to get into the schools where the people of Belize know the history of how we started, where we came from.   I put in four years of research and one year of writing, but time is worth something.   What I have on this first page is dedicated to the people of Belize who have not had the opportunity to know the true and full history of Belize.   If you don’t know your country, how will you like it?”

Only 3,000 copies of the book were printed and you can contact the author for more information.