Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
J
OP Offline
J
We are planning at trip to AC in a few weeks and were told the resort we are staying in uses Ambergris Divers. We can't find any info on them anywhere. Has anyone out there used them? What size are their boats? Easy on/off access? How many people per boat? Any info would be helpful. Thanks!

KC Offline
I *think* (don't quote me on this) that Ambergris Divers is a new outfit. I can find out for sure, and the contact info,if you want. If it's who I think it is, he used to work for another diving outfit, and just opened his own.

Kathy

"You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
J
OP Offline
J
Thanks Kathy!

If you find the contact info and could forward it on, I would greatly appreciate it. I just feel a little strange using a dive company until I check it out first. Look forward to (and *really* appreciate) your help!

I
I
Jill,
We used Ambergris Divers during our stay over Christmas. They are excellent. They a are well financed new operation with new boats and equipment, the largest being a 45' custom built boat that they just received when we were there. A door opens in the side for entry/exit as it uses three 200 h.p. outboard motors. I believe the head guy Roberto used to work for Aquadives. We also stayed at Banana Beach, but booked directly as I'm not too fond of paying the extra 5%. Ambergris's dock is ashort walk from B.B., but they pick you up at the dock anyway. I would definately use them again.

Does anyone have contact information for Ambergris Divers?

Thanks.

--Lan Sluder

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
J
OP Offline
J
Island Boy,
Thanks so much for the info on Ambergris Divers. How many diver per boat? Now I am really excited!

Lan,
Tim at Banana Beach will have the contact info. We are staying there in a few weeks, and Tim told me that is the dive operation he uses.

But..if anyone has Amerbgris Divers' direct contact info, please chime in!

Cheers!

[This message has been edited by Jill Kennedy (edited 01-30-2002).]

[This message has been edited by Jill Kennedy (edited 01-30-2002).]

KC Offline
They do not have a website up yet, but e-mail is [email protected]

Kathy

"You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
Tim Jeffers tells me they are doing a good job for him and that their contact info is:

Phone 26-2634

Fax 26-4263

[email protected]

--Lan Sluder

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
I
I
Jill,
They use a smaller boat for trips to the local reef holds 6-8 people I believe, we only had 5 when we went. The larger boat holds probably 20 or so, we had 12 on a trip to the Blue Hole. It also has a head. They bring snorkelers on the Blue Hole trips and also the night dives, so there wasn't a big crowd diving.

J
OP Offline
J
Thanks Island Boy & Lan for all the helpful information. We're countin' the days...

Cheers!

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 250 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.