Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
[Linked Image]

There will be Santa, Elves, Cartoon Characters, Dance Groups and business floats! MUCH FUN!!!!

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

Love FM's 4th Annual Christmas Parade Hits San Pedro

Christmas is here (you can say) and La Isla Bonita was in full spirit of the special season this weekend as activities kicked off with Love FM's 4th Annual Christmas Parade. This year's parade was bigger and better! People stood along the busy streets of San Pedro waiting for Santa to pass by atop fire truck.

Lovely Miss San Pedro Solani Graniel led the parade, giving out sweets to children and spectators. Santa and parade revelers followed behind all dressed in red, white and green, dancing and singing along to festive songs. Everybody was in the spirit of spreading the Christmas cheer.

Participants in the parade included Isla Bonita Marching Band, ABC Pre-School, Leo's Club, Social Security Board, Caribe�a Enterprises and Belize Tourism Board to name a few. Below are some pictures for your enjoyment.

Click here to read the rest of the article and see LOTS more GREAT photos in the Ambergris Today

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
[Linked Image]

A photographer's story of the Annual Love FM Christmas Parade through San Pedro Town by Karen Brodie.

Shortly after 6:00pm, we headed to my favorite coffee and cigar shop to grab a cup of java with a shot of rum cream and secure a great spot to watch the parade. I haven't quite figured out timing for events here in San Pedro and spend a lot of time waiting for things to start.

Soon sirens and horns filled the air and the parade was underway. Voices belted out favorite Christmas Carols and a good time was had by all. This was my first Caribbean Christmas Parade and one big difference was that Santa and four additional Santa clones were in attendance. If you weren't there, you missed a fun time.

Click here to read the rest of the article and see more photos on Tacogirl's blog!

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
[Linked Image]

And last night, the national radio station Love FM came to town, to kick off their own town parade. This one through the streets of town rather than on the water. And it was super fun, not as big as last year's, but there for me when I need a little Christmas. Sigh�

Here are the pictures I took at last night's parade. And, if you need a TON of Christmas, Love FM does the BIG ONE in Belize City next weekend. December 14th. At around 4pm. I just might.

I arrived early for the line up.

There were so many kids out. And one clever sales person (the same one who sells at all parades/celebrations) selling these hats for $5bzd.

Click here to read the rest of the article and see more photos on San Pedro Scoop

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

Love FM third Annual Christmas parade lights up the streets of San Pedro

Belize's radio powerhouse, Love FM held their third annual Christmas parade throughout the streets of San Pedro Town on Sunday December 8th. The event started from the Boca del Rio Park and eventually made its way to Central Park.

Having begun three years ago as a small motorcade during of the establishment's annual 12 Days of Christmas on the island, the parade in San Pedro Town is beginning to grow. It is one of two Christmas parades sponsored by Love FM; the next will be held in Belize City.

The lights, music and the merry makers dancing along the streets was all that was needed to spark up the Christmas feeling on the island. Several organizations, residents and establishments decorated their vehicles and floats and joined in the parade. At the front of the parade was the San Pedro Fire Department's shinny red truck with Santa Claus riding on top. All through the streets of the town, Santa waved and shared candy with residents that had lined up on the street sides. Volunteer elves and other Santas rode on a variety of floats and carts, distributing goodies to the children and bringing many smiles to those in attendance.

Click here to read the rest of the article and see LOTS more AWESOME photos in the San Pedro Sun

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 277 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.