Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
collyk Offline OP
OP Offline
On Thursday the 12th there will be a Food & Wine Extravaganza at Banyan Bay Club House. This is so exciting! Ian Anderson will be hosting a fabulous evening of tastings, which will include his famous selection of amazing artisan cheeses, imported wines, shrimp dishes and sausages and steaks from Running W Ranch. And guess what? Entrance is free!!!!! It's from 6-9pm. If you're not there, you are a very, very silly person!!!!

www.conchcreative.com
Belize Wedding Photography

I'm bummed I will miss it. Ian's cheeses are superb and it sounds like a fabulous evening.

Words have power. Speak it into existence.
K
K
Major bummer that we'll be off the island when this occurs. Is this something he may do again in the future? That's amazing that he is doing it for free. People would be willing to pay for such an event...

collyk Offline OP
OP Offline
Here are even more details about the evening. Oh it's sounding scrummier and scrummier!

An evening of Artisan Cheeses by Caves Branch.. Great Imported wines presented by Mala Vasquez, wine representative from Karl Menzies in Belize City Karl Menzies, Escandar Bedram of San Ignacio will showcase his locally produced sausages, ham, pastrami, salami and aged Angus beef which will be available for tasting and purchase. and succulent shrimp from Shrimply Belize. Please bring your check book as there will be much to take home .. This is your opportunity to sample many of the offerings and stock up with purchases for the Christmas season upon us. We all look forward to seeing many of you on the 12th.

www.conchcreative.com

P
P
Hmmm ... "Imported Wines"
Does that imply that there are commercially available wines in Belize which are not imported ?

Can not make it, will be working.

C
C
Yeah, there are definitely Belizean-made wines. They're made from locally available fruits like berries, cashew fruit, etc. These wines are usually pretty sweet, and best served with ice. Traveler's Liquors makes some, and so do lots of Belizeans. I've heard rumors of some places importing grape juice to make their own grape wine here too.

collyk Offline OP
OP Offline
The event will be going ahead tonight with some changes. Please see message from Ian below.

"Caves Branch Artisan Cheeses and Premium Wines

Not flooding rivers, nor impassable highways, nor airport closures.. nor potholes in Belize city will stop us from coming to San Pedro tonight..

Along with Caves Branch Artisan Cheeses, Richard Price and Premium Wines will be offering a selections of wines for your enjoyment .. and purchase.

All of us from Caves Branch Artisan Cheeses and Premium Wines .. look forward to see all of you at our cheese and wine presentation tonight at 6 pm, Banyan Bay conference room on the beach.

If we can be there, so can you.. all the best and we look forward to meeting everyone.

.. unfortunately, due to weather, The Beverage Division @ Karl H Menzies, Running W Meats, and Shrimply Belize, will not be able to make it to the reception, as previously planned.

We all look forward to working with you, our partners in making 2014 an excellent wine and culinary experience for all Belizeans and visitors to Belize."

If you want to see some fabulous photos of Ian eating wine and cheese in the flood with his dog, which I highly recommend, follow this link. Wine and Cheese in San Pedro

www.conchcreative.com

Ian Anderson Forges Swollen Rivers to Serve Artisan Cheese on Ambergris Caye
A big festive wine, meats, shrimp & cheese party was planned. Some of the best distributors in Belize were lined up to bring samples and demonstrations to San Pedro but then it rained. A LOT. The "low bridge" in San Ignacio, Cayo District is now back under water. Here it is when in normal working order. And Belize's Ian Anderson, who owns Ian Anderson's Cave Branch Jungle Resort in Cayo and now a master Cheese Man (is that a term?), was in trouble. Would he make it to San Pedro to showcase his line of Belizean made artisan Cave's Branch cheese? Mid-day, he posted these pictures from his property. Ha. Awesome.

More Caves Branch Cheese please and Premium Wine

On Thursday night there was a Food & Wine Extravaganza at Banyan Bay Club House. Ian Anderson hosted delicious evening of tastings, which will included his famous selection of amazing artisan cheeses, imported wines from Premium wins and spirits and Mystic Mayan natural soaps.

Mary and I were talking about the event earlier in the day and we agreed a wine and cheese tasting was a fabulous idea and it would be packed. Of course it was everyone was excited to try Ian Anderson world famous artisan cheeses and I know there were many Premium frequenters in the room. It was great hearing Ian tell the story of how it was when Caves Branch started making their cheese. It took a few tries to get it right as it often does in life. But Ian persevered and came out with the award winning formula. He also persevered when it came to getting to the event, flooding on the mainland made for difficult travel but Ian did not want to disappoint the San Pedro people. I hope the swarming of the cheese table and happy looks on the cheese eaters faces made it all worth while :)

As I circled the room talking to people, there are those who were already fans of Ian's Cheese and had come to the event to stock up and then there were those of us (myself included) who had never tried it yet - of course we all loved it. I am not a big wine drinker but I know many were delighted Premium Wines and Spirits was at the event and their table was busy all night long. Mistic Mayan natural soaps of Belize were also popular. Sadly Running W meats could not make it.

Click here to read the rest of the article and see more photos on Tacogirl's blog!

Ian Anderson Forges Swollen Rivers to Serve Artisan Cheese on Ambergris Caye

Ian gave a short speech about how he forged two rivers to be at the event, how he got into cheese making (and his trips to Vermont to learn with masters), about the women he works with, about how he ruined tens of thousands of dollars worth of cheese on his first try�this guy's got spunk. I like him already.

Click here to read the rest of the article and see more photos on San Pedro Scoop

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.