Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#480052 - 12/17/13 10:35 AM Embassy of Mexico exhibits Nelson Young art
Marty Online   happy

Nelson Young is one of Caye Caulker’s premier artists. We are very pleased to say that the Embassy of Mexico will be exhibiting Nelson’s work today, Tuesday.

Congratulations and best wishes for a successful exhibition, Nelson.

Caye Caulker Chronicles

#480160 - 12/18/13 10:30 AM Re: Embassy of Mexico exhibits Nelson Young art [Re: Marty]
Marty Online   happy

An exhibition by Nelson Young inspired by the Mayan glyphs

You can find Nelson Young’s paintings on the walls of many businesses and certainly in residences in Belize; but his pieces can also be found internationally. Based in Caye Caulker, these days Young paints primarily with oil creating art of vivid and bright colours. His passion for faces became his signature work, but tonight his latest paintings have been inspired by an ancient civilization, the Maya. The exhibit, which opened a while ago at the Mexican Institute, is entitled “The Alignment;” it is patterned by Maya glyphs symbols and is inspired by God. In an interview with News Five, Young says that the artwork on display depicts the skills that he has developed over thirty plus years of painting.

Nelson Young, Artist

“It is actually a lifetime achievement because art is not something that is achieved overnight. Art is something that takes many years of achieving professionalism and purpose and significance. The understanding of what art is all about and what it can do for us in the way of development, in the way of culture and civilization. Me as an artist I am not ashamed to say that the Almighty God, the creator is my inspiration. So as he has done for me throughout all the years of my struggle, I try to do something also to promote the prophesies because people don’t connect the dots and see that music has anything to do with prophesy, or art could have anything to do with prophesy or theatre can have anything to do with prophesy.”

Reporter

Nelson Young

“What is it that you expect persons coming to exhibit tonight; that they are going to take back or take away from coming to view this amazing work?”

Nelson Young

“I think a lot of them will be very inspired with the beauty because everything about God is beauty. They say worshipping of God is in the beauty of holiness. If you go to a church you see the people that make the church, they try to make it beautiful. Throughout history you see that symbolism—you got the star of David, you got the cross, you got the peace signs, you got the lions; you got endless forms of symbolisms that empower a prophesy. So I am hoping that this which I am doing in the history of my work would empower a prophesy.”

The exhibition will continue until January tenth of next year. 

Channel 5

#480310 - 12/19/13 04:57 PM Re: Embassy of Mexico exhibits Nelson Young art [Re: Marty]
ScubaLdy Offline
I am fortunate to own a large Nelson Young painting of a fish. I can hardly wait to have a wall ready for it.

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lil’ Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (Marty), 41 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,672 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,045 Topics
462,258 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.