Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#48013 - 02/01/02 10:15 AM Paradise what?
govikes Offline
Can someone please tell me the difference between Paradise Villas and Paradise Villas Belize? They are listed separately under lodging. Are they both located next to each other? Anyone have any opinion/preference between the 2? Thanks!

#48014 - 02/01/02 10:57 AM Re: Paradise what?
Lan Sluder/Belize First Offline
No dif. There is just one Paradise Villas, which is a group of condos that are individually owned, but they are -- for reasons that have always escaped me -- marketed/rented by four or five different companies. Tradewind's, Nellie Gomez, Beachfront Suites, Caye Management, etc. Plus some units are marketed by individual owners.

Some owners own just one unit, others own a couple, a Tradewinds owns a number of them. Since units are owned by different people, the units vary a little, in quality of decor, whether there's a/c in the entire unit or just the bedrooms, etc. Prices also vary a good deal among different operators.

To me it's just a confusing situation, and one that possibly hurts rentals because prospects, guidebook writers, etc. are also confused. If you want to book, say, The Palms or Mayan Princess or Banana Beach you just have one number to call, one rate plan, essentially one standard of decor and quality, but at Paradise Villas you have many different options, rates, deals, ads to sort through, furnishing standards, etc.

--Lan Sluder
Lan Sluder/Belize First

#48015 - 02/01/02 11:27 AM Re: Paradise what?
govikes Offline
Thanks Lan--that's kinda what I thought by looking at the photos on each of their respective sites. You're right about the difference in rates too!

#48016 - 02/02/02 05:29 PM Re: Paradise what?
playabees Offline
Well, we know it's confusing but what's a girl to do? My name is stephanie and we run the Tradewinds portion of Paradise Villas (16 condos.) I think it was designed as a "multi-use" complex. Our condos are listed on www.belizeparadisevillas along with our rates. We're the only owners that have on-site management which makes us a bit more expensive but I pride myself on the service we give to our guests and they continue to book with us, year after year.
There's quite a bit of difference between Paradise Resorts and Paradise Villas. Our condos are fully equipped with central air, we've got gorgeous grounds and a sweet pool, if I do say so myself.
Just wanted to clear that up!
I hope you have a wonderful stay in San Pedro, no matter who you stay with. I think you'll find the island to be everything you hoped it would be and (likely) more.
Stephanie Lehmkuhl
Tradewinds Paradise Villas

#48017 - 03/02/02 05:37 PM Re: Paradise what?
dec Offline
Glad that was finally cleared up! We're heading to Paradise Villas Belize on Thursday - can't wait!!

Opps! We're actually staying w/ Tradewinds. See you on Thursday - we're psyched!

[This message has been edited by dec (edited 03-03-2002).]

#48018 - 03/02/02 09:19 PM Re: Paradise what?
susangg Offline
Lan: That's what they call FREE ENTERPRISE!
It includes private property owners like me making our vacation properties available DIRECT to tourists for less money ('cause we don't have to pay travel agent commissions.)
Get used to it!
I am one of the original Paradise Villas owners, and I am also one of several Paradise Villas owners who rents my condos on the web, with my own home page, right here on www.ambergriscaye.com.
Nothing about my home page should confuse anyone. It states thatI book ONLY MY OWN TWO privately owned units, it says that they are available on an accommodations only basis (I don't masquerade as a travel agent), it says what the rates are for the various times of the year, and it has my email address and phone number (plus all kinds of info on what the two condos have and where in San Pedro they are located.)
Anybody who can read at the sixth grade level can understand what I am offering.
How am I "hurting" tourists by:
1. Charging LESS than others because I am not forced to pay 20% commissions and free accommodations on demand to so-called "wholesalers" (the same folks who have tried their best to persuade me to raise my rates...I refused and now some of them dropped theirs to match mine...which is GOOD for the tourists, not bad for them!
2. NOT trying to gouge the local boat operators by asking them to pay me commissions for sending them business like certain other condo owners (and all the so called "wholesalers")do;
3. Communicating DIRECTLY with the people who book my units instead of forcing them to go through an intermediary (I wish I had a dollar for every guest staying at another Paradise Villas condo who called me in a panic with last minute questions that their travel agent never answered...)
4. Having a local Belizean (Nellie Gomez) managing my units, rather than one of the gringo property managers/travel agents doing so. And she does a fantastic job, too! (that doesn't mean that the others don't do a good job too, I am sure they do.
These are all good things, to my way of thinking...and if some folks disagree, well that's what freedom is all about, isn't it? Everything doesn't have to be done "the way we've always done it..." The more choices people have when they travel the BETTER off they are. Competition is good for the traveler. And its good for the community.
Susan Guberman-Garcia, Attorney at Law. Phone: 510-792-2639
Fax/Voicemail:: 510-405-2016 Email: susangg@garcia.mpowermail.com

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 35 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,635 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,711 Topics
461,241 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.