Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
OP Offline
S

R
R
So Finland, Canada and Shanghai do better than and achieve more than Americans? I do not think so although I agree there are problems in education in America which party have to do with the teacher unions which are only concerned with the teachers and not with the students. This has been demonstrated many times. The unions are concerned about one thing and one thing only, the benefit of their members and the continuation of the jobs for the union bosses.

If the 3 countries in this example are better? I would like to see the real reasons why? Maybe lack of minority students; maybe the parents understand the need of education; or maybe those in power do not stand for disturbance in class; lack of attendance; and or disrespect of the teachers themselves.

Jim
Formerly from somewhere on a beach in Belize
T
T
Having been an educator in the public school system in Texas for 30 years, I have honestly seen a decline in many aspects of schooling. The expectations of society, parents, government...have seemingly lowered. We accept mediocre as the norm. The easy access to social media, video games, and tv has limited children in the hands-on experiences that lend themselves to success in the classroom. The decline of the family unit (at least in the USA) interrupts the learning atmosphere at home. And the fact that there are many teachers who have lost their desire to educate...to fight for the kids...to put in long hours for low pay...stiffles the world of education. I retired for a year...then, was compelled to rejoin the family. My inspiration to teach is the hope that I can keep a few kids from "falling through the cracks of society". Apathy breeds ignorance...In order for any society's educational system to improve and endure, the population must become actively involved through positive actions and not just critical words.

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 198 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.