Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#481025 - 12/29/13 10:11 AM Lily's locale open as Country Bar,Restaurant,Hotel
Marty Offline

New Business in San Pedro: Comfort Food, Country Music Bar, Restaurant & Hotel?

Last night was the soft opening of DC & Szana’s Country Cabana – a country music dedicated, comfort food servin’ spot in town. The only air conditioned restaurant on the beach. They also host guests at the 7 room hotel above them. The former Tio Pil’s and before that the old Lily’s Hotel in down town San Pedro.

So maybe a totally new idea, a speciality idea is the way to go? We will see, right? Plus, the Cabana is also a budget hotel and people always seem to be looking for the very rare cheap rooms on Ambergris Caye. With a country music bar below? We will see…

I met the owners, DC & Szana. They have dreamed of moving to Belize for quite a few years and visited for the first time in August of last year. They will be performing at their spot often and working hard running a bar, restaurant and hotel.

Click here for the rest of the article and see more photos in the San Pedro Scoop

#481027 - 12/29/13 10:48 AM Re: Lily's locale open as Country Bar,Restaurant,Hotel [Re: Marty]
bobcat bill Offline
Interesting Concept??

#481059 - 12/29/13 02:44 PM Re: Lily's locale open as Country Bar,Restaurant,Hotel [Re: Marty]
ScubaLdy Offline
I wish them well. I hope they kept the cook; she made the best ceviche on the island. I hope the service is faster; it was the slowest on the island. I'm happy to see they are making use of that indoor space that was always wasted. I'll certainly give them a try. What are the hours?

#481101 - 12/29/13 08:16 PM Re: Lily's locale open as Country Bar,Restaurant,Hotel [Re: Marty]
SimonB Offline
Lily's is next door to this place, nothing has changed at Lily's.

#481128 - 12/30/13 12:47 AM Re: Lily's locale open as Country Bar,Restaurant,Hotel [Re: Marty]
CaptOneIron Offline
I hope they do well. I think this is something San Pedro has needed for a long time. I will certainly have a look in on them in January.

#483995 - 01/25/14 10:23 AM Re: Lily's locale open as Country Bar,Restaurant,Hotel [Re: Marty]
Marty Offline

The San Pedro Sun is pleased to introduce DC and Szana Comegys, owners of DC and Szana’s Country Cabańa (formerly known as Tio Pil’s). DC and Szana are originally from Dallas, Texas USA and moved to Belize in November of 2013, after having visited the island earlier in August. In addition to being great hosts the Comegys are also Country Western singers, and aren’t shy about that fact as they incorporate live music and good ol’ Southern hospitality into every inch of DC and Szana’s Country Cabańa.

The couple looks forward to being a part of the community and is excited to add to the varied cuisine on the island with their Southern style comfort food. The Comegys welcomes the community and visitors alike to pay them a visit at DC and Szana’s, “This is our home and we welcome you as friends and family.”

Click here to read the rest of the article and see more photos in the San Pedro Sun

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lil’ Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
4 registered (dabunk, Diver Damon, 2 invisible), 51 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,672 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,029 Topics
462,230 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.