Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#481062 - 12/29/13 09:20 AM Round trip ticket?
Yesilivehere Offline
We are getting ready to move to Belize in a few months, ive heard we will need a round trip ticket? Is this true?

#481068 - 12/29/13 10:24 AM Re: Round trip ticket? [Re: Yesilivehere]
Amanda Syme Offline
You usually need to have a return ticket or onward ticket, however if you arrive on a one way ticket you can usually be admitted into the country if you can prove you have sufficient funds to live in Belize and remember you will need to check in with immigration on a monthly basis and each time you may need to provide proof that you have the financial ability to support yourself.

#481072 - 12/29/13 10:59 AM Re: Round trip ticket? [Re: Amanda Syme]
Yesilivehere Offline
Perfect. I knew we would have to show monthly means of support. What do they ask for as proof upon entering?

#481098 - 12/29/13 02:10 PM Re: Round trip ticket? [Re: Yesilivehere]
Amanda Syme Offline
Probably cash and a bank statement.

#481108 - 12/29/13 02:58 PM Re: Round trip ticket? [Re: Yesilivehere]
Yesilivehere Offline
Well i cant see carrying a ton of cash so i can always grab a balance from an atm

#481132 - 12/29/13 08:32 PM Re: Round trip ticket? [Re: Yesilivehere]
Cooper Offline
All you need to do is buy a bus ticket from Belize City to Mexico. Or a water taxi ticket to Chetumal. Have that on you when you fly out of the U.S. These days they dont even bother much with the one way tickets. You dont want to chance it. So the story goes you have proof of leaving Belize. Thats all they want to see.

#481220 - 12/30/13 05:19 PM Re: Round trip ticket? [Re: Yesilivehere]
Lan Sluder/Belize First Offline
The issue, in Belize and elsewhere, is rarely with immigration in the destination country but with the airline that you fly. Quite often (though not always) an airline agent checking you in or checking your passport will require a roundtrip or onward air ticket, or some other proof of onward travel, as the agent is following the letter of the rules of Belize or other destination country.

Again, this does not happen every time you fly, but it happens frequently enough that if you look at various travel forums and boards you will find quite a few examples of passengers who have been denied boarding or who have had to buy a refundable onward/return ticket before they were allowed to board.

This has happened in fact to members of my own family, though not involving travel to Belize -- in one case it was to Hong Kong and in another to Budapest. You can ask the airline you're flying for their policy, but that doesn't guarantee anything.

But to be clear ... over the past 23 or 24 years I've entered Belize by air, land and boat probably 50 times and have never once been asked by Belize immigration to either show an onward/return ticket or demonstrate proof of funds.

(Of course, if you are a citizen or an official resident or have other legal status in the destination country, none of this applies.)

#481226 - 12/30/13 06:22 PM Re: Round trip ticket? [Re: Lan Sluder/Belize First]
Ernie B Offline
Well, lo and behold. Lan Scuder finally said something I agree with( I think)
Gun Control is Hitting Your Target.

#481268 - 12/31/13 08:46 AM Re: Round trip ticket? [Re: Yesilivehere]
EarlyOut Offline
Lperdue, I just sent you a PM regarding my experience with a one way ticket from the US on American Airlines which I flew on December 14th, 2013.

#482031 - 01/06/14 10:05 PM Re: Round trip ticket? [Re: Yesilivehere]
kimberly 0621 Offline
Is showing Immigration a letter (proof of a guaranteed monthly pension) sufficient to prove you have means to support yourself ?

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
5 registered (Marty, Pokey, 3 invisible), 41 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,633 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,709 Topics
461,232 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.