Ambergris Caye Caye Caulker HELP! Visitor Center Businesses Lodging

Topic Options
#481938 - 01/06/14 09:40 AM Buy Belize . com
minuch Offline
Can somebody explain this scam to me as I see the ads on tv all the time. Also has anybody seen Rod S from the south end? maybe if you see mail have him email his old buddy Dave

#481962 - 01/06/14 01:18 PM Re: Buy Belize . com [Re: minuch]
MikeD Offline
Many of the people of Belize have pirate relatives in their family tree...just sayin'

#481968 - 01/06/14 01:47 PM Re: Buy Belize . com [Re: minuch]
artisan Offline
Although many people get "scammed" in Belize, including yours truly, there is nothing in the ad itself that suggests anything shady.
English speaking, tax-friendly, etc., all true.

#482019 - 01/06/14 06:55 PM Re: Buy Belize . com [Re: artisan]
MikeD Offline

Anyone who does the homework will realize that a building lot "as low as $129,000 US" is a pretty high price in Belize. They are primarily marketing in southern and jungle areas of Belize where 90K can buy over 10 acres on the sea, and an acre interior can be had as low as hundreds, or a few thousand $$. Anyone considering this kind of purchase should understand buyer beware. Many proposed developments have never been completed or started, and most are financial disasters.

I would consider the statement "Instant equity on selected properties.
In many cases, based on the discounts we negotiate, our clients have instant equity in their properties upon closing." to be of questionable truth considering $129,000 as a starting price for a lot.

#482115 - 01/07/14 12:51 PM Re: Buy Belize . com [Re: MikeD]
artisan Offline
I guess a saw the short version of the ad, have no idea what's airing in the states.
I heard it was Sanctuary Belize funding, which I thought was north of Placencia, but I know nothing.
There is a lot of infrastructure with it, and an on and off raging debate about it on the forum.
I've seen pictures of nice dredged harbor and docks, but I plead ignorance to any real knowledge.

#482116 - 01/07/14 01:13 PM Re: Buy Belize . com [Re: artisan]
joey2angels Offline
Who would what the problems of being a home owner AGAIN!!!!
Solution = RENT

If you are a MacGyver and like constantly doing chores and tinkering around... go ahead and buy but if you want to fish, relax and enjoy your leisure time....RENT.

#482130 - 01/07/14 02:05 PM Re: Buy Belize . com [Re: artisan]
MikeD Offline

I have seen the ads here and there, but the info I got was from the website that I posted the link to in the above posting.

We have been researching living in Belize for a few years now. I agree with joey2angels about renting. We were strongly considering purchasing, but when we looked at being away for some extended periods it left us open to vandalism and theft, not to mention the headaches of maintenance. If you look around and talk to folks you can get a decent one B/R rent for reasonable (assuming you are not living on BZ wages) with no hassles of repairs etc..

One of the biggest advantages for us to renting is that we have the ability to move around if we like. just my 2 cents!

#482829 - 01/12/14 09:36 PM Re: Buy Belize . com [Re: MikeD]
minuch Offline
It just seems there must be more to these buy Belize . Com I cannot imagine selling lots to extremely optimistic people could recoup what must be hundreds of thousands in television commercials and now they are even running ads on satellite radio programming ?????? Just curious and trying to make sense of it

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 51 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,638 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,742 Topics
461,319 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory Picture of the Day