Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#481938 01/06/14 09:40 AM
M
minuch Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Can somebody explain this scam to me as I see the ads on tv all the time. Also has anybody seen Rod S from the south end? maybe if you see mail have him email his old buddy Dave

minuch #481962 01/06/14 01:18 PM
M
M
Many of the people of Belize have pirate relatives in their family tree...just sayin'
smile

minuch #481968 01/06/14 01:47 PM
A
A
Although many people get "scammed" in Belize, including yours truly, there is nothing in the ad itself that suggests anything shady.
English speaking, tax-friendly, etc., all true.

M
M
http://buybelize.com/aboutus.html

Anyone who does the homework will realize that a building lot "as low as $129,000 US" is a pretty high price in Belize. They are primarily marketing in southern and jungle areas of Belize where 90K can buy over 10 acres on the sea, and an acre interior can be had as low as hundreds, or a few thousand $$. Anyone considering this kind of purchase should understand buyer beware. Many proposed developments have never been completed or started, and most are financial disasters.

I would consider the statement "Instant equity on selected properties.
In many cases, based on the discounts we negotiate, our clients have instant equity in their properties upon closing." to be of questionable truth considering $129,000 as a starting price for a lot.

MikeD #482115 01/07/14 12:51 PM
A
A
Mike,
I guess a saw the short version of the ad, have no idea what's airing in the states.
I heard it was Sanctuary Belize funding, which I thought was north of Placencia, but I know nothing.
There is a lot of infrastructure with it, and an on and off raging debate about it on the belize.com forum.
I've seen pictures of nice dredged harbor and docks, but I plead ignorance to any real knowledge.

J
J
Who would what the problems of being a home owner AGAIN!!!!
Solution = RENT

If you are a MacGyver and like constantly doing chores and tinkering around... go ahead and buy but if you want to fish, relax and enjoy your leisure time....RENT.

M
M
Dennis,

I have seen the ads here and there, but the info I got was from the website that I posted the link to in the above posting.

We have been researching living in Belize for a few years now. I agree with joey2angels about renting. We were strongly considering purchasing, but when we looked at being away for some extended periods it left us open to vandalism and theft, not to mention the headaches of maintenance. If you look around and talk to folks you can get a decent one B/R rent for reasonable (assuming you are not living on BZ wages) with no hassles of repairs etc..

One of the biggest advantages for us to renting is that we have the ability to move around if we like. just my 2 cents!

MikeD #482829 01/12/14 09:36 PM
M
minuch Offline OP
OP Offline
M
It just seems there must be more to these buy Belize . Com I cannot imagine selling lots to extremely optimistic people could recoup what must be hundreds of thousands in television commercials and now they are even running ads on satellite radio programming ?????? Just curious and trying to make sense of it

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day