Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#48250 - 02/08/02 07:15 PM Film?
BankerWoman Offline
Same question as Utard...anybody have recent experience carrying film through security at US airports? Plan to bring several rolls but don't want it x-rayed and zapped to uselessness. Normally, I would put it in carryon, open and have them pass it around the zappers but don't know if heightened security will allow this anymore. Anyone???

#48251 - 02/08/02 07:53 PM Re: Film?
Wasatch Offline
Going over the numerous sites on A.C..one article stated film is available ,,,, but is expensive,, Last time I went thru an airport everything got x-rayed... but the machines they use for checked baggage would kill Superman,,so put in your cary on bag and have it hand processed..
Try ambergriscaye.com/pages/town/quick.html
for a wealth of info.. Utard..

#48252 - 02/08/02 08:15 PM Re: Film?
Gaelen Offline
You know that's what I usually do, although I'm wondering if this has become more of a problem post-Sept. 11th... I've never had too many hassles getting my film hand-inspected but don't know if that's still the case. Anyone know?

Gaelen
Concord, CA

#48253 - 02/08/02 08:43 PM Re: Film?
Wasatch Offline
Low speed film,,ASA 100 or thereabouts is less affected by x-rays than the high speed films.. Bankerwoman I forgot to add in my last mssg the site I sent you add #bring to the address or just look for "things to bring" if you print it its 41 pages of wonderful info. Wasatch/Utard

#48254 - 02/08/02 08:43 PM Re: Film?
Kate Offline
Just got back a week ago - We had no hassles with taking film out of our carry on and having it inspected by hand.

But be prepared to remove your shoes at every security checkpoint, especially in Belize City!!

#48255 - 02/08/02 09:15 PM Re: Film?
BankerWoman Offline
After lots of walking through airports and long flights, I think THEY'll be sorrier than I am to have to take off my shoes. Sure is a good thing that guy they arrested earlier hadn't put the explosive in his underwear. Imagine what a hassle THAT would be if we all had to follow suit... ;> )

#48256 - 02/09/02 02:35 AM Re: Film?
Marty Online   happy
http://AmbergrisCaye.com/pages/town/film.html

just put that up today, its not been indexed into the site search engine yet!

#48257 - 02/09/02 03:23 AM Re: Film?
denverdan Offline
I totally agree with Marty/Joe and others.

We are not going to Belize on vaca in March (BOO HOO!!) but I was advised by an "inter island" airline where we are going to NOT put ANY film in our checked in bags. They said all airlines (?) have up-dated x-ray equipment and if you did so it would totally ruin ALL film, used or not.
Hope

#48258 - 02/09/02 04:25 AM Re: Film?
Wasatch Offline
Bankerwoman,,,I sent a mssg. to Roy Miller, who has a wonderful amount of under water shots in A.C. ( he be a pro ) and he sent me back a nice mssg re: film... if you would send me your e-mail address Ill send it to you... Wasatch/Utard

#48259 - 02/09/02 04:47 AM Re: Film?
Wasatch Offline
Bankerwoman,,,,I must have had way too much rum tonight... look at the mssg. from Mr. Miller.." "The under water pro" re: film...great info there... I think its about mssg.# 5 in the replys to your question..go to the site he listed, My God I Cant WAIT TO GET OUT OF THIS SNOW AND GET TO SAN PEDRO TOWN....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (Marty), 110 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,674 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,056 Topics
462,296 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.