Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#483167 01/16/14 06:46 AM
L
OP Offline
L
Hey,
This February will be our first time to San Pedro and are staying a week.
Any suggestions on what cloths to bring (or anything else to bring)and when we get there where to eat and shop?
We live in St. Augustine FL and really enjoy our beach.
Open for suggestions....

Larry

T
T
Bring only shorts, t-shirts, and swim suits. Plus all your snorkel and dive gear. There is really nowhere on the island that requires a long pair of pants. Food is wonderful everywhere you eat. Don't be afraid to eat lunch or a late night snack in the park or at a corner street vendor. "Street Meat" is wonderful in San Pedro. No worries I have been there many times and never been sick or had a bad meal from a street vendor. Restaurants depend on what type of food you like and where you are staying. Everyone has their favorites and everyone you ask will have a different opinion. If you are in town Blue Water Grill, Wild Mangos, Fido's, Elvi's Kitchen, they are all wonderful. If you are south of town, Robins Kitchen is wonderful too. There are just too many places to name. Ask a local and you will also get some good advice most likely. Best of luck on your trip and don't forget to come write a trip report and let everyone here know how it goes.

Here is a little info I send out.
Divers visiting the Island and White Sands Dive Shop.
Ambergris Caye/San Pedro Belize
First time visiting any place is confusing so this info might help.
Ambergris Caye is a long narrow island that runs North and South. The Barrier Reef runs parallel to the island on its East side, so that's where we dive. Almost all the development, Hotels, Resorts, Restaurants, bars, Dive Shop etc. are lined up along the East shore. The West Side of the island is mangrove and lagoon.
The international airport is on the mainland of Belize in a town called Ladyville. After you land you will need transportation to the island. It's easy to catch one of the small aircraft to the island from international and they leave every hour. You will land at the airstrip which is in the town of San Pedro on the South end of Ambergris Caye. If you came by boat you most likely dock in San Pedro as well.
Cabs are cheap and easy to use for short distances around the town core where streets are paved.
Tourist and residents travel up and down the island along its East shore either by The Costal Express water taxi or by golf cart. The town core has good road but after you leave town and cross the little bridge headed North the road is a single lane dirt path. Dive shops, resorts and some restaurants have boats that pick up and drop off guest for their variety of activities. Our dive shop has a boat that picks up and drops off at almost all the resorts. Morning pick up times are from 8:00-8:30 .

Snorkeling adventures depart each morning at 9am, visiting Mexico Rocks or The Hol Chan Marine Reserve and Shark Ray Alley.
These two stop snorkeling trips returns you to your dock at 12:30 pm, just in time for lunch. Trips cost 45.usd. (See price list)
Dive Trips to the Barrier Reef depart daily. One of our boats is always headed out for either a Two-Tank trip or a Single-Tank dive on the Barrier Reef. We have 30 sites we visit and they typically begin on the edge of the wall at 45 feet and range in depths along the Spur and Groove formations from 60 to 80 feet. The sites are approximately 5 to 15 minutes from the dive shop and depart daily at 9am returning at approximately 12:30 (lunch time) from the Two-Tank trip and 10:30 AM from the One-Tank trip. All the dives are led by a Divemaster/Guide. Which dive site we visit is determined by the Divemaster who considers sea conditions such as current and visibility, and also the divers on the trip; his goal is to not show the divers the same site twice.
I hope this helps. If you have more questions I'm at 501-226-2405 in Belize or [email protected] .

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
Great infomercial Elbert grin

I'm happier than a pig in s__t...a foot on the sand...and a Belikin in my hand!
L
OP Offline
L
Thanks for all the information. And sure will give a report on our visit.

L
OP Offline
L
Thanks for all the info.

Hello Larry....If you do make your way South to the Black Orchid Restaurant be sure and ask for me.....We always like to mention when our Message Board friends visit the Restaurant.....

My friends call me Judyann

www.blackorchidrestaurant.com

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 272 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.