Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
K
OP Offline
K
I REALLY want to go to AC, have wanted to for years. As a mom to 2 little boys & currently in Nursing School, I don't see another vacation on the horizon for some time! I want this vacation to be incredible.

However, I have some questions for all you *experts* out there.

Where is the best place to stay (& most economical)? Banana Beach Resort seems to be sticking in my head lately..how is that one?

What is the best time of year to go? We were thinking August, but not sure of the weather then.

We want to do some inland stuff too--what do you recommend? I definitley want to see the ruins & rain forest...any tours that stick out more than others?

Now a stupid question...for people who don't like fish/seafood, is there still food to eat?!

Thanks for all the help! Feel free to add anything you might think I would be interested in!

Kristi

K
OP Offline
K
Forgot to say that this will be an adult only trip..not taking the little munchkins with us!

A
A
Kristi -

Couple of questions you need to address first - Do you want to be near/in town or away? Traveling solo, with friends or with your kids? Do you prefer place with a kitchen or just a hotel room?

First - Banana Beach is about 1.5 miles south of the airstrip. If you want to go into town very often, you might want someplace closer. Belizean Reef has lower rates. Check out the listing of places to stay on this website - you may find something that's just right.

August is going to be hot - we were there the end of August 2001. August is also subject to periods when the trade winds die, - can be stifling. And, it is in the middle of hurricane season.... We were fortunate and had beautiful weather. For overall "best" weather, can't beat February or March. But, we've been there in every month except October & November. Rain, wind or heat doesn't really matter much when you're in paradise!

Lamanai ruins are fantastic - it's a great full day trip. Wherever you stay can help book that for you. We also loved the cave tubing trip we did at Jaguar Paw. Again, a full day.

My daughter doesn't like fish, but, she found plenty of chicken, etc. in restaurants. But, if you go on a manatee trip or for a full day snorkel with a beach BBQ, you're gonna get fish....

We've been going to AC for years and look forward to every trip. You'll love it.

Regarding food.......the rule is fish first, next best is chicken, then pork, beef last choice. You can almost always get chicken if you don't like fish.

Email us at [email protected]

We'll help you all.. Thanks, Rick

W
W
Wow,,too many questions... but try this link //www.ambergriscaye.com/pages/town/quick.html If you decide to print it, its about 41 pages of great info. The reply from rick cheri is a good place to go,,they seem to be up on things in A.C. and have given me good info in the past.. The above link will be of great assistance in figureing out your next move.. I dont know how much you want to spend re; lodging but there is everything from $30-50 a night to over $8000 a night( well that is if you want to rent your own private island for a week or two).. As far as gringo food goes, Ive been told that the chicken fried steak meal at the Hideaway Sports Lodge is worth going to..The Hideaway is also a budget saver as far as lodging goes. When you arrive,,,inhale/exhale and enjoy...

W
W
Wow,,too many questions... but try this link //www.ambergriscaye.com/pages/town/quick.html If you decide to print it, its about 41 pages of great info. The reply from rick cheri is a good place to go,,they seem to be up on things in A.C. and have given me good info in the past.. The above link will be of great assistance in figureing out your next move.. I dont know how much you want to spend re; lodging but there is everything from $30-50 a night to over $8000 a night( well that is if you want to rent your own private island for a week or two).. As far as gringo food goes, Ive been told that the chicken fried steak meal at the Hideaway Sports Lodge is worth going to..The Hideaway is also a budget saver as far as lodging goes. When you arrive,,,inhale/exhale and enjoy...

D
D
came back yesterday.
Stayed at Paradise Villa condo.Bring and cook your own.
([email protected])
Recommend the place. Stay close to town for cheap food. The best: Master Lee(US$2-5)
Coco.
Manatee trip was disappointing. You see their noses for second, then they are gone.
Best guide: Hill who has no sign on his shack in front of Paradise villa but you get private(almost) trips and not any more expensive than others. I was told you will need air conditioning in Aug.E mail me if you need any more info. Kay

P
P
The email is [email protected]
The manatees miss you, Kay. Their noses have never been fully appreciated.
Sniff,
Stephanie Lehmkuhl
Manager
Tradewinds Paradise Villas

N
N
Banana Beach is the best! The staff there is wonderful and they can book all of your tours for you. We stayed there last May and loved it. Rent a golf cart for the entire week. It won't take you anytime at all to get into town. We even walked from town a couple of times. It's not too far.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 283 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.