Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#484225 01/27/14 12:38 PM
OP Offline
I know there are plenty of posts on topic and I have read them all. Looking for some opinions on the value of the Cancun to San Pedro route.

From a cost perspective it looks great when just comparing airfare, but after you add in bus + ferry + overnight stay + lost time, unless you are really into the Mexican countryside is this an adventure to be recommended for my family of 4?

I will have a Belikin -- put it on klcman's tab.
E
E
NO ! I have done it, it aint worth the effort.

Don't ask, but I am doing that route in 3 days. Overnight hotel on way down $50, RT ADO about $50, RT on boat to San Pedro $80.00, return overnight room about $60. 2 extra days, (warm ones) for an extra $240.00 per person plus flight to Cancun, oh and the ride to Playa which is where I am Headed for the over night. So you figure it out.

Reality is only an illusion that occurs due to a lack of alcohol
It is only worth it if you fly from England, why somebody would want to do it from the USA I do not know. Listen to Ernie.

Last edited by Inplub; 01/28/14 04:33 PM.
Originally Posted by champion
Don't ask, but I am doing that route in 3 days. Overnight hotel on way down $50, RT ADO about $50, RT on boat to San Pedro $80.00, return overnight room about $60. 2 extra days, (warm ones) for an extra $240.00 per person plus flight to Cancun, oh and the ride to Playa which is where I am Headed for the over night. So you figure it out.

The only way I would do it, and that's pure speculation, is if I were going to spend a year or two on AC!!

I'm happier than a pig in s__t...a foot on the sand...and a Belikin in my hand!
E
E
Nope, I bought 2 seats so no one would be next to me, froze my arse off (A/C), spent 5 hrs on that damn bus, hasseled at customs, rough seas water taxi. I would rather take a wuppin.

Ok, here it is, originally, we had 3 more going and we had one visiting a daughter in Playa, they wanted to go that way and pick her up then go into Belize. I capitulated and went along. My only saving grace is that when I leave the snow behind, I will be in 80 degree weather in 7.5 hours. Normally 12 to 13 with a red eye. Leave 6AM and land 3:30PM there time same day. Thats a first from the north country.

Reality is only an illusion that occurs due to a lack of alcohol
R
R
we are for the first time flying into Cancun (345.00 return from Vancouver Island return!) We looked at costs of flying from Cancun to Belize on the once a day tropic flight... cost 900.00 US return 2ppl... ridiculous!!! ADO bus from Playa to Chetumal is 256 pesos per person or approx 20 bucks US. The water taxi is 65 US each plus 18.25 departure tax and another 3.25 dock fees.. total 106.50 US per person ...wow we just saved 687.00.

G
G
We did it once in a rental car, stayed a week in Akumal with friends then on to BZE. It was nice. But Im kinda with Ernie, just to do it as a way to save money wouldnt pencil for me. Too much time wasted, and the return trip sounds even worse...

BUT, if you have the time then it would definitely be an adventure!

Hon Offline
We've done the Toronto, Cancun, Playa del Carmen or Chetumal, Corozal, San Pedro route twice. It's very time consuming and, since you have to handle your luggage at every stop, I find it fairly hard travel. ...but, since we stay for so long once we're here, I would do it again if the price was right. If coming for less than 2 weeks, I wouldn't.

Newfoundlanders are the only people in heaven who want to go home.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 291 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.