Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
O
OP Offline
O
Will be a family of four; would be happy with two doubles or four singles.

What would be our closest rental option to PV that may have 2 to 4 (depending on occupancy) and is it something I should have made reservation in advance?

Thanks for your comments!

Hon Offline
The only place that I know of that rents kayaks up this way is Wayo's/Aqua Vista Suites. Kayaking in these waters is very wind and wave dependent so I, personally, wouldn't reserve in advance.

Newfoundlanders are the only people in heaven who want to go home.
O
OP Offline
O
Thanks for an info Hon. For my general knowledge: Is there a part of the island that is less windy and wave dependant for kayaking? Or is that statement for AC in general?

Hon Offline
You could paddle in the lagoon which is on the (usual) lee side however, you'd have to walk a few blocks with the kayaks in order to find a place to put in. I find it interesting paddling over there but I'm guessing most visitors would prefer the reef side, which is windward.

Newfoundlanders are the only people in heaven who want to go home.
O
OP Offline
O
Right, I should have written my question more specifically. So kayaking anywhere on the east side of AC is wind and water dependant, got it. Thanks!

I seem to remember a post (as I was snooping through the old ones) that commented on the Blue Tang having kayaks they might rent. But I can't seem to find it now. Guess I'll go straight to the horses mouth in a couple of weeks...

G
G
Try Lisaskayaking dot com. She is a little north, but seems to do rentals...

T
T
You can also try walking next door to the Blue Tang Inn. They have a couple kayaks to rent to their guests. I have seldom seen them used. You can try renting from them.

O
OP Offline
O
Thanks a bunch to you both. Lisa's Kayaking looks great - it's strange that google never found that when I searched...

tahunt - thanks for posting that. I was pretty sure that I had seen that comment before, but was going crazy when I couldn't find it again. The location would be great, I'll definately be checking!

T
T
You can just email Alan or Fanny at the Blue Tang to inquire. The email address should be on the Blue Tang website. If not send me a private message and I can probably dig it up in my deleted emails.

G
G
Just a heads up... I personally would not take a kayak past the end of a dock in town. WAY too much traffic.

my .02...

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 304 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.