Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

Belize Weather Forecast: February 5, 2014

General Situation:
Ambergris Caye: Conditions this morning by Elbert just before or after this post!
Belize NMS: A light east-southeasterly airflow maintains mainly fair conditions.
Advisories: None.
24-hour forecast: Mostly sunny skies today and partly cloudy skies tonight. Mostly sunny skies tomorrow. Only isolated showers are expected.
Winds: East - southeast 5-15 knots.
Marine Forecast:
Today: Winds: E-SE 5-15 kts.; seas: Choppy.; waves: 3-5 ft.; isolated showers.
Tomorrow: Winds: E-SE 5-15 kts.; seas: Chopppy.; waves: 3-5 ft.; a few showers mostly north.
Marine Outlook: Thursday night:- Winds: E-SE 5-15 kts.; seas: Choppy.; waves: 3-5 ft.; showers becoming generally isolated.
Sea Surface Temp (°F): 82
General Outlook: Some cloudy spells with a few showers mostly along the coast Wed. morning and inland Wed. afternoon then becoming generally isolated.

Tropical Weather Outlook: Tropical cyclone formation is not expected in the North Atlantic, Caribbean Sea or the Gulf of Mexico within the next 48 hours. Click for our daily Tropical Weather Report

Wind & weather forecast for Ambergris Caye / San Pedro: Great information for sailors...
Current Caye Caulker Weather Information
Belize Hydrological & Flooding Information
Belize National Emergency Management Organization (NEMO)

High Low
Coastal 30° C
86° F
24° C
75° F
Inland 32° C
90° F
21° C
70° F
Hills 24° C
75° F
18° C
64° F
TIDES:
Low - 7:58 AM High - 2:02 PM
Low - 9:13 PM High - 2:49 AM (THURS.)
Sunrise - 6:24 AM Moonrise - 10:40 AM
Sunset - 5:50 PM Moonset - 11:40 PM

CLICK here and here for detailed weather data

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

From Belmopan... 05:45 BZT

There is no Rain showing up on any Radar picture for over 400 km.

There is a narrow, high speed high level cloud streaming up from the South. .. It was this that indirectly, triggered those line squalls yesterday.

This is the first of the Tropical weather coming up.. . ...Presently little Caribbean cloud showing.

I expect a fair bit of sun today, once the Fog has burnt off, with some clouds developing during the day, but not expecting rain.

[Linked Image]
On Ambergris Caye this morning we have an expected high of 86. The sky is clear and breeze from the South East at 9 mph.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

Weekend weather

Any idea what's expected for this weekend? I'm moving from Corozal to San Ignacio and hoping for no rain.

From Belmopan...

Hi

I can only say what I see.

That is what I see on the Radar, on the Satellite picture and what I can see with my own eyes, ears and feel.

So how far I can see Ahead, depends very much on the type of weather ..

Our present type of Caribbean Easterly winds, with influences from the North, such as cold fronts, South Tropical weather and the prevailing SW high level air stream, it can be hard to see that far ahead.

But the indications I am seeing are that we are at last moving away from that long period of problematic rains.

Actually the total rain for 2013 was not that much more than usual.

It was the way it happened that has caused so much problems.

Right now, there is a cold front moving in from the NW, but I think it is a very mild one and will probably not effect us too much.

But then again Cold air mixing with warm Tropical air from the South, often result in a line of rain. . ..It was something like that, that brought that line of rain over most of Belize yesterday.

Right now, I am not seeing big signs of rain, but that can change fast.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.