Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#48569 - 02/15/02 11:09 AM $50 per day per person
azcaptainbob Offline
Spoke with a rep. from Continental Airlines who stated that Belize had a requirement that visitors have in their possession $50.00 per day of their stay upon entry...discourage beggars. Is this checked?
We will be coming off a cruise and staying on Ambergris for 3 days so we would be entering from the port. Thanks

#48570 - 02/15/02 12:19 PM Re: $50 per day per person
Debbie Offline
Yes, it's checked, but randomly. We were never checked, but I'd just show them a credit card or your traveler's checks. How many beggars are going to have plastic??? (Unless they stole it of course) LOL

#48571 - 02/15/02 02:10 PM Re: $50 per day per person
Denny Shane Offline
I've been down to Belize a dozen times and have never been checked... but I am sure there is a first time for everything.

#48572 - 02/15/02 07:40 PM Re: $50 per day per person
Marty Offline
never been checked

#48573 - 02/16/02 01:55 PM Re: $50 per day per person
silkpainter Offline
I've never been checked for a return ticket or for money. They only check backpackers or scruffy looking people.
-Lee Vanderwalker-Alamina

#48574 - 02/16/02 08:02 PM Re: $50 per day per person
kcbc Offline
I have over 60 trips thru the airport and I have seen it happen only once and this was about five years ago. Its was a young kid, long hair, backpack only, one of the customs official came up to him and inquired if he had the funds to cover his stay.

The only other time was concerning a round trip ticket purchase. The guy beside us in Miami was raising heck about having to purchase a round trip ticket to Belize. Showed the agent some paperwork and eventually must have been sucessful. However when we landed in Belize here came an airline representative and an immigration official. He had to buy a return ticket to Miami before they would allow him entry.

So it does happen.

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 25 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,633 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,706 Topics
461,226 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.