Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#48621 02/16/02 02:19 PM
K
KJ Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Ariving in AC March 28th with family. Couple questions. Can we bring wine into the country, if so how much? Any of the recent returnies have recommendations for who to reef and bone/tarpon fish with? I have two teens, we are staying at Belizean Shores north of SP, can they fish on the shore or off docks? We will be there Easter Holy week and the week after, any Easter activities we can go to, is the Catholic church open to tourists?

I know this is allot of ?, but I have appreciated this board as we will be to to Ambergris and am getting great into.

Thanks to all, only 40 more days for us.
KJ

J
J
Im in the states right now but i have been living at Belizean Shores for the last 16 months. A few bottles of wine is fine to bring and fishing off our dock is not aloud, so go to the Essene way dock just south of BS. the catholic church is open to anyone and has spanish and english mass on sunday mornings. I would be glad to help you with any other info. Email me if you like and my girl friend is still in our condo as well.
Josh
[email protected]

KJ,

Save the wear and tear on your luggage and go to "Wine Devine" on middle street and buy a few bottles of wine. It's owned by the gal who owns Sweet Basils (you'll find out about that soon enough) Get some imported cheeses while your at it. The Catholic church (St. Pedro's. Clever, huh?) welcomes all, and will have a wonderful Easter mass. Doors open to the sea and a soft breeze, just like Christmas. See ya there.

CC

Note also that there is another Catholic church on the island, in San Pablo.

--Lan Sluder

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
This church is no longer, just so ya know...

The Catholic Church in San Pablo was gutted in the last hurricane and is only a shell. No effort to repair so far...

You can fish from the docks. If someone owns a dock,the right side (from the beach)he owns, the left side is always public. This is the law.
I know, some put a singh in front"NO FISHING"
don`t use it, the next is 100 y away and open.
Good Luck an "PETRY HEIL"
(This is German and means catch a lot of fish!!!!
Bernd

Thanks, Marty. Thought the San Pablo church was back open.

--Lan Sluder

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
Hey Marty,
The Church is fine, nice new roof and mass is held as always, as planned.. It looks better than before, just hot in the summer months.. Go and have fun...
Thanks, Rick

KJ, you can also email us [email protected] and we'll help you all.. Thanks.
Rick

K
KJ Offline OP
OP Offline
K
You all are sooooo.... great, we learn allot on this message board. One last thing no answers on yet. Anyone have recommendations on locals to reef fish or flat fish with.
Josh, rickcheri, thanks for the e-mail addresses, I'll get to you soon.
KJ

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.