Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#488617 03/26/14 08:52 AM
S
OP Offline
S
Hello Everyone!!!!! Just joined!!!! This will be our first time (2 sets of Mother/Daughters) to AC... We will be staying at the La Perla and we were thinking about renting a golf cart so we could explore the island. How far is San Pedro from the La Perla?
Thank you!!!!!

SIX miles North........long haul (if you can even get there, given suspect road conditions)

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
Road conditions from La Perla not passable as of a couple of days ago (according to somebody who got stuck near Mata Chica).

To answer your question though - San Pedro is about 6 miles south of La Perla. Whilst cart travel is not advised, bikes are great fun and can be rented for explorations. You can also take the Coastal Xpress in and out of town and/or stop off at spots along the way.

S
OP Offline
S
Oh my..... I was afraid of that... So I guess we do not need to rent a golf cart.... How about the weekly pass for the water taxi - do you think that would be a good option?

A
A
Suzy & Bob,

Jane and I just returned from 15 days at La Perla (2nd La Perla visit) and this time we didn't rent a golf cart. Even if the "road" is passable its really not very practical. Go to Joe's Bikes in town about 1.5 blocks off the water taxi dock and rent bikes for your duration. Biking is great fun and such a great way to truly enjoy the north part of the island, which is our favorite. Stock up with groceries in town or there is always Mata Grocery about 1.1 miles south of La Perla. You can carry food on the baskets on the bikes or they will deliver. Water taxi weekly pass is $120 US per person I THINK. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong. Enjoy your visit, take a deep relaxing breath and chill.

S
OP Offline
S
Thank you..... Biking or the water taxi pass sounds like the way to go.... La Perla looks beautiful in the pictures.. Is it as nice as it looks???? smile

Beautiful well maintained property..........you'll love it.

I'm happier than a pig in s__t...a foot on the sand...and a Belikin in my hand!

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 287 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.