Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
O
OP Offline
O
I am thinking about a beach front condo on AC. If I only live there for 3 or 4 months out of the year, how safe are my household items while I am gone. Will all of my furniture and all my household items disappear while I am away. Are there things I must do to keep this from happening or is it not a concern?

Thanks, OMOTR

S
S
Have you considered renting vs owning and then you don't have to worry....

T
T
The beauty of being a condo owner is that there are very few things you actually need to worry about. Most complexes on the island take care of security and regular checks of your unit. what you are describing does not happen on the island in reputable complexes and resorts.

O
OP Offline
O
TravelinMan1 thanks for your information. That makes me feel a lot better. I am excited about Ambergris Caye. I am looking forward to coming down to look at AC later this year.

I assume that the condos are designed to withstand hurricanes. Is that the case?

Thanks, OMOTR

Most newer condos on the island have tempered glass storm windows and are able to withstand most of what Mother Nature will hurl at them.

More importantly, adequate building insurance is always a feature of the best run condominium communities on the island and it is this which should give you most peace of mind.

G
G
No condos with tempered glass have yet to go through a hurricane. Old man on the river please check your PMs.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 313 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.