Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
B
bird99 Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Hi there,

I'm new to this forum. I'm very interested in traveling to Ambergris Caye to check out Belize and possibly retire in this area and purchase property. I have never traveled to a foreign country alone and would love to meet some new expats upon my arrival.

I live in West Palm Beach florida and would like to hear from any expats that could meet up with me to show me around and i would love to hear your experience in Belize.

Best wishes,

Bird

Hello Bird,

Try this link and have a look at it, some very good information. Look for Belize in the list at the bottom of the page.

www.expatexchange.com

Last edited by Inplub; 04/15/14 08:13 PM.
B
bird99 Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Thanks sooooo much for the link...just what i was looking for. Can't wait to start my adventure,

Bird

M
M
I sent you a PM.

B
bird99 Offline OP
OP Offline
B
I've made my plans to travel to Ambergris Caye, May 24 - June 1. I am so excited and scared at the same time. I'll be traveling alone for the first time in my life abroad. If anyone is interested in getting together for drinks or dancing....please email me. I love to have fun and am looking to meet some friends here in Belize. Happy Easter Belize, here I come.

Do yourself a favor when you get here and don't advertise the fact you have never traveled alone before ....... you may attract a creature or two that thinks they can take advantage of you. Just relax and enjoy.
My suggestions for a safe and happy visit - go snorkeling as often as you can, stay out of the roughneck bars, get up for the sunrise and go to bed early, volunteer to walk some dogs for Saga Humane Society, attend the wine-tasting at Wine de Vine, bring some excellent books for hammock-time reading, take some classes at Zen Arcade. I hope you have a fabulous time ....... !!

B
bird99 Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Thanks for the suggestion. Yes, I won't announce i'm by myself. I did book a nice secure Condo in the heart of San Pedro...so, i'll be close to everything and near other expats to help me along. Best wishes, Robin (bird)

Hello Bird - I sure hope you are for real. Why do I say that? Because we have rascals who like to post misleading stuff here.

I'm intrigued because the name of my place is Birdland and yes I would be interested in meeting you.

You have had some good advice here and believe it - the land sharks will be all over you if they know who you are. Do not tell ANYONE you are looking to BUY ANYTHING except a reputable relator who has an established office.

Just be careful. I have lived here 10 years and love it but I came 8 times before I made the move.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
B
bird99 Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Hi there, I assure you i'm real. I have always wanted to travel to Belize for many years...and just decided a few months ago to Just "DO It". I'm only starting my research for property as a retirement/rental income venture...but that is in the future. I live in West Palm Beach and work as a Systems Manager for Palm Beach County...so i still have several years before retirement. I'm just looking to meet some new friends and go from there.

Robin "Bird" is my nickname from High school! You may send a private email and I will give you my personal email address and FB info. Best wishes, Bird

M
M
All very good advice.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 313 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.